Field Pack Build From the Garage of Scootch

Scootch

Awsome post Charlie!!!

It depends on which backpack you are looking at since there are at least 4 variants (or is it 5?)

Scootch's tutorial details the buildup of the move along trooper backpack:

Posted Image

The pack you posted has the large rectangular air filter on the left, and the tool box on the right (it's also missing the mushroom cap on the top bottle, and the bottle on the bottom of the cistern)

Posted Image

Then there's the white dial backpack featuring the large cylindrical air filter on the left and Tupperware Stow-n-Go container on the top right:

Posted Image

Don't forget the hoser backpack with upside down radio, even though it doesn't look like the standard issue Sonix Victory 75

Posted Image

And finally, the backpack with ribs on the upper left corner

Posted Image

You can see the many different variations by stepping through the alley search scene frame by frame. You'll also learn that the backpacks were falling apart and needed gaffers tape and wire to hold the pieces together. Some parts are just missing, such as the top mortar tube end cap.

Posted Image

So, pick a backpack that you want to build, or come up with an idealized custom version, and make it your own!

Charlie

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for that.

Awsome info and i see why the MEPD is trying to stick to just a couple of designs, and the kit you sent me is awsome and all the info on this forum makes building the backpack a breeze especially when your on the other side of the world seeking info, (although my local garrison personel have been outstanding in their support and mentorship often going out of their way to help and advise me, cannot thank them and this forum enough.

i like the tool box on the right hand side.. and a few of the mods from some of the other packs, i will be running a wireless remote amp in the pack as well as some of the lights that have been shown on the various forum sites.

I have dug out my old army alice pack so had some savings there dusted it off , riveted on some support brackets and have just painted all the parts in undercoat.

the amp will have 2 ex-side facing tv speakers that project fwd mounted within the seed boxes but hidden by the trooper himself thus when doing an outdoor troop in a chrissy parade such as we have coming up these speakers can add to the 'ambiance' and volume of the helmet set (Skullworx). without looking like im carrying a boom box...lol

thank you again for your awsome forum

Ahh, I knew it was out there somewhere!

Brak's Buddy created an awesome detailed comparison of each backpack, followed by tons of discussion.

Posted Image

Here's his web page comparison:

http://www.looksirdroids.com/backpacks.html

And the discussion:

http://forum.mepd.net/index.php?showtopic=4887

Charlie

• 3 months later...

Hello Crashman :D

There are two of us Sandtroopers here in England after two backpack kits.

I've built two screen " based " versions tha stick to the Star Wars vibe but here in England the 501st need 100% accuracy. They love our packs and said that they look well used and funtional but we need to be accurate :D

any info on us purcahsing two kits would be awesome !!

All the bset,

Joey.

post-3278-1264712550_thumb.jpg

Hello Crashman :D

I've built two screen " based " versions tha stick to the Star Wars vibe but here in England the 501st need 100% accuracy. They love our packs and said that they look well used and funtional but we need to be accurate :D

All the bset,

Joey.

Hey man! Good to have you on here! You should post in the welcome thread too and introduce yourself. B)

(not like we don't know who you are) haha

Hello Crashmann :D

Hi Joey!

I just sent you a personal message with all of the details for the complete Sandtrooper Backpack Kit.

My MEPD mailbox is about to go Alderaan, so if anyone else is interested in a kit, some of the components, or the vac formed parts, please send an e-mail to:

crashmann_tk386.gif

Thanks!

Charlie

• 4 years later...
  • 1 month later...

Hey I know these are real old posts but I need help. I'm new and building my pack according to you guide and wanted to know if you had a material list to help cuz most of this stuff is hard to find at home depot with out their specific names...

• 4 months later...