Field Pack Build From the Garage of Scootch

Scootch

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unitl I saw this buildup on another forum, I was happy just to live with my inaccurate pack. After seeing Scootch's work and getting ideas from it, I bit the bullet and built my own. I modified it to fit what I have (I used Crashmann seed trays, stinger, tool box, radio/ Sci-Fire cistern and exhuast port) and used this thread almost step by step to build it. I made a slightly different frame but it was scootch's in depth build up that got me going and got me through. I have to do touch up painting and weathering. After that's done, I'll post pics elsewhere for you guys. At any rate, I wouldn't have a decent pack if not for this guy and his amazing build. THANKS SCOOTCH! :duim::salute:

Unitl I saw this buildup on another forum, I was happy just to live with my inaccurate pack. After seeing Scootch's work and getting ideas from it, I bit the bullet and built my own. I modified it to fit what I have (I used Crashmann seed trays, stinger, tool box, radio/ Sci-Fire cistern and exhuast port) and used this thread almost step by step to build it. I made a slightly different frame but it was scootch's in depth build up that got me going and got me through. I have to do touch up painting and weathering. After that's done, I'll post pics elsewhere for you guys. At any rate, I wouldn't have a decent pack if not for this guy and his amazing build. THANKS SCOOTCH! :duim::salute:

Lets see some pics then!

Can a thred get any more awsome then this???

Scootch your a beast my friend!

I call sticky as well and I'm not just saying that because I'm the proud owner of Scootch Pack 2,

these detailed instructions with pics will help many people out.

Many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many,

many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many,

many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many, many,

THANKS

for all your hard work and time spent making and documenting this pack.

I will wear it with honor my friend!!!

You guys rock!

I did see LORDVADER74's pack, it's a combination of homemade,Crashmann, and Sci-Fire parts on a hand made frame. I thought it looked very nice, The Crashmann seed trays are great, and Crashmann is working on making them a bit deeper so I think they will be perfect after that! The Sci-Fire parts are cool too, kind of remind me of the old school NERF stuff. Talk about indestructable! :blink: I hope to see his pack posted up soon, it is very nice! :)

You guys rock!

I did see LORDVADER74's pack, it's a combination of homemade,Crashmann, and Sci-Fire parts on a hand made frame. I thought it looked very nice, The Crashmann seed trays are great, and Crashmann is working on making them a bit deeper so I think they will be perfect after that! The Sci-Fire parts are cool too, kind of remind me of the old school NERF stuff. Talk about indestructable! :blink: I hope to see his pack posted up soon, it is very nice! :)

Thanks for the kind words bro. I like it and am proud of it b/c I did it myself. However, I couldn't have done it without your fantastic tutorial and willingness to share. :duim:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I found this topic when I needed it the most. You guys have no idea how long I was waiting to assemble this backpack, or be in line for SCI-FIRE to obtain one....but overall, I have most of the parts I need when I was in ITALY, thanks to one of the AWESOME ITALICA GARRISON members (and one of the most accurate TD's today) who facilitated me with the stuff needed. I still have to go through Crashmann for some items, though.

I took the liberty of compiling all the data in this thread, and if you guys don't mind (specially SCOOTCH), I would like to convert it into a downloadable PDF File; so that way everyone could be able to download the guide and follow these steps according to everyone's needs.

-Robert

BH/TK/TB 060

"DarthVader1"

Georgia Garrison

IMHPO That would be fantastic. At least it would be of great help to me in the coming weeks.

Scootch, please bless this so it can happen.

Thanks for the work Robert.

• 4 weeks later...

I found this topic when I needed it the most. You guys have no idea how long I was waiting to assemble this backpack, or be in line for SCI-FIRE to obtain one....but overall, I have most of the parts I need when I was in ITALY, thanks to one of the AWESOME ITALICA GARRISON members (and one of the most accurate TD's today) who facilitated me with the stuff needed. I still have to go through Crashmann for some items, though.

I took the liberty of compiling all the data in this thread, and if you guys don't mind (specially SCOOTCH), I would like to convert it into a downloadable PDF File; so that way everyone could be able to download the guide and follow these steps according to everyone's needs.

-Robert

BH/TK/TB 060

"DarthVader1"

Georgia Garrison

Do it bro, I'd like to see that. :)

Do it bro, I'd like to see that. :)

No problem, and thanks for the blessing! :D

I'm currently fixing a few mispellings, terms, reducing images (ones that are not needed for detail scrutiny), and space-saving the whole thing, but it's almost to be posted. It goes at almost 100-and-a-half pages in MSWORD file format. :blink:

Hi Roberto Remember me?

Scootch amazing work!!!!!!

You is my hero...

How can I forget you?! YOU'RE MY ITALIAN BROTHER (as well as the whole ITALICA GARRISON). YOU are my inspiration to build what years ago I planned for the trooper "BFG" from the BBC. Greetings to you, and the rest of the brothers of the ITALICA over there, which I still miss them....and a vacation trip back to ITALY is in the works as we speak (Martha and myself). ;)

Posting the whole file tonight (I hope so).

No problem, and thanks for the blessing! :D

I'm currently fixing a few mispellings, terms, reducing images (ones that are not needed for detail scrutiny), and space-saving the whole thing, but it's almost to be posted. It goes at almost 100-and-a-half pages in MSWORD file format. :blink:

How can I forget you?! YOU'RE MY ITALIAN BROTHER (as well as the whole ITALICA GARRISON). YOU are my inspiration to build what years ago I planned for the trooper "BFG" from the BBC. Greetings to you, and the rest of the brothers of the ITALICA over there, which I still miss them....and a vacation trip back to ITALY is in the works as we speak (Martha and myself). ;)

Posting the whole file tonight (I hope so).

Eheheheh my grande amigo soy contento de verte aqui in este forum :)

-Robert

BH/TK/TB 060

"DarthVader1"

Georgia Garrison

That's awsome!!!!

Scootch is an awsome bro, and I'll have werds

with anyone that say's otherwise!!!

LOL

• 3 weeks later...

I have the file ALMOST READY, I've being REALLY BUSY with last-minute issues (real life, that is), and "brain-storming" with new projects for next year.

Once I get rid (finish completing) of my current project, I will post the COMPLETE & EDITED EDITION of this topic for download. Stay tuned.

• 1 month later...

its a fantastic build..but just one small point..whilst looking up some refernce mterial (movie) i noticed that you have mounted the tool box on the wrong side im sure its only a minor mistake that have probabley since fixed

post-3026-1254522972_thumb.jpg

...i noticed that you have mounted the tool box on the wrong side...

It depends on which backpack you are looking at since there are at least 4 variants (or is it 5?)

Scootch's tutorial details the buildup of the move along trooper backpack:

Posted Image

The pack you posted has the large rectangular air filter on the left, and the tool box on the right (it's also missing the mushroom cap on the top bottle, and the bottle on the bottom of the cistern)

Posted Image

Then there's the white dial backpack featuring the large cylindrical air filter on the left and Tupperware Stow-n-Go container on the top right:

Posted Image

Don't forget the hoser backpack with upside down radio, even though it doesn't look like the standard issue Sonix Victory 75

Posted Image

And finally, the backpack with ribs on the upper left corner

Posted Image

You can see the many different variations by stepping through the alley search scene frame by frame. You'll also learn that the backpacks were falling apart and needed gaffers tape and wire to hold the pieces together. Some parts are just missing, such as the top mortar tube end cap.

Posted Image

So, pick a backpack that you want to build, or come up with an idealized custom version, and make it your own!

Charlie