Bombproof Armour?

Sand_storm

Hi All-

I'm looking for recommendations for nice durable armour - I love my SDS but it is starting to crack in places and I can only imagine that the cracks will get worse with continued trooping. What (in your own opinion) is top notch armour from a durability standpoint?

Thanks!

chris

Armour that doesn't crack?

I may have something along those lines. Something I am working on right now. Something so flimsy like the screen suits that just doesn't want to crack no matter how much you bend or fold it ;)

I'm intrigued TM.

Armour that doesn't crack?

I may have something along those lines. Something I am working on right now. Something so flimsy like the screen suits that just doesn't want to crack no matter how much you bend or fold it ;)

:blink:

Please do tell!

In the next few weeks :)

I really haven't heard of any armour that hasn't cracked at some stage of it's life. This could change very soon though. I've got a suit here which is 1.5mm thick and it can be bent in two and doesn't crack. I think it would be more suited towards trooping because it feels semi rigid, while the 1mm I have waiting to be formed should be perfect to get that flimsy, on screen look :D

Just out of interest, why would it have to be thicker and less flexible?

These are just costumes and not meant to be bombproof, and I would have thought that a more flexible armour would be more comfortable to wear and lighter too. Plus, if your really going for a screen used look, thinner plastic is better than thicker ;)

In the next few weeks :)

I really haven't heard of any armour that hasn't cracked at some stage of it's life. This could change very soon though. I've got a suit here which is 1.5mm thick and it can be bent in two and doesn't crack. I think it would be more suited towards trooping because it feels semi rigid, while the 1mm I have waiting to be formed should be perfect to get that flimsy, on screen look :D

Just out of interest, why would it have to be thicker and less flexible?

These are just costumes and not meant to be bombproof, and I would have thought that a more flexible armour would be more comfortable to wear and lighter too. Plus, if your really going for a screen used look, thinner plastic is better than thicker ;)

Are you getting sharp pulls with this stuff TM?

Sounds VERY interesting...

Anyway, TC1822 has made a clone armor out of hot glue (like from the hot glue guns for crafts). It is heavier than a regular HIPS or ABS, but it is super flexible. And I mean SUPER. And also has proven to be very durable too and easy to pack. Just check this out:

(Saul, si algun día ves esto, espero que no te importe que te haga propaganda)

Just don't leave it in your car on a hot day if you don't want it to melt.

Saludos...

Well, the plastic is readily available here in the UK, not sure about the rest of the world though.

The Clone armour looks good, but too rubbery for my liking. I just want something that is flexible, thin and made of plastic, just like what was used back in good old 1976.

Yep. I know what you mean. I just wanted to share it with everyone.

Saludos.

• 3 months later...

I saw the pictures yesterday over at FISD, and i must say...

The new flex TM suit, are freaking beautiful.

Accurate, and flex at the same time, what do we need more.

A big!!! A+ from here TM :)

TM do we foresee a new generation of long lasting durable armor in the years to come? ;)

This winning combination of screen accuracy and flexibility will be its endearing hallmark. :duim: I wonder if 1.5mm is the optimum thickness and is this plastic a type of Styrene with heavy rubber contents to give its extra-ordinary flexibility?

wow!! glad to see an exellent news!! :duim:

one of the best armor and soon with the best plastic.

Deeply to see the continuation and the evolution of the project, it's really cool.

if there is a waiting list, i would like to be on it!!

thanks for your awesome work bro' :salute:

Wow! That's awesome!

I personally would prefer the lighter of the two, as weight is always a concern of mine. Not that I'm ready to drop money on new armor or anything, just saying.