T-21 Question

Anyone done up a cushman's T-21? I got a question. How do you connect the barrel to the main body of the gun? The PVC barrel looks like it is way too heavy for the thin HIPs to support. I want that section to be removable for transporting. Thanks.

The thin-walled PVC provided is more than adequate. The term - thin-walled - applies to irrigation systems PVC. The pipe withstands tolerances of 10s-of-thousands of PSI of water, depending on how many meters you are running the pipe.

The receiver has a detailed pipe segment to insert the barrel. When assembling the receiver... you just position it and mark it. Remove pipe, and glue. CA glue works best. Insert the pipe after it has set-up. Should be snug.

I carry this gun, Daetrin carries this gun. Guys who have this gun... chime in.

Posted Image

Guns made of styrene (not styrofoam), can crack. Guns made of rubber can tear. Guns made of resin will break like clay. Do you plan on using it to hit people?

For $110.00 (plus shipping) it is a sturdy gun... unless you plan to hit people, or throw it, or sit on it.

Hope that helps.

I got no problem with the PVC pipe... it is the other end, the HIPS portion where the Pipe/barrel is to be inserted. How do u make it removeable for transportation?

Do I use screws to fix it together? I have seem people who did make it removeable. Just hoping they can help.

Thanks. And Yes.. I want to carry the gun too. And YES. $110 is my kind of price... AND YES... I do have other cushman's stuff and I love them. Hope that helps too. :D

And dun mind me but you do sounded a bit touchy when cushmans are mentioned... :unsure:

OK....Back to my problem, Any other helps, please.

• 3 weeks later...

Might I suggest maybe a fiberglass internal reinforcement (if possible). While I'm still building mine I have no experience although one of the "shinies" here locally had a Cushman deluxe MG-34 and he did a Fiber glass reinforcement on his gun and it's worked out fine holding al his electronics and guts inside. Not sure if it's HIPS or Styrene, but it's worth a look.

And btw.. WhiteCommando gave me the info on the Cushman Lewis, so I doubt serisously he's touchy about it. :DB)

• 2 months later...

Sabretooth_aw this is a legitimate question, I am working on my Cushman T-21 now and I am wondering about the same issue. Have you resolved the problem yet? Wouldn't regular fiberglass really heat up and melt this thin plastic in a second? Would goop work at all?

J

Sabretooth_aw this is a legitimate question, I am working on my Cushman T-21 now and I am wondering about the same issue. Have you resolved the problem yet? Wouldn't regular fiberglass really heat up and melt this thin plastic in a second? Would goop work at all?

J

Use an epoxy resin instead of polyester resin (like Bondo FG kits) and heat won't be an issue. You can get epoxy resins at a Hobby Lobby type store or order online.

Ok, that is something to look into, I have never used that resin before. Is it a two part solution like bondo? I contacted the propmaker and he said not to worry about it once the lower stock is glued togeather because it will support the pvc (I'm thinking as long as you don't swing it around). I will probably still do a light reinforcement.

Thanks,

J

Use an epoxy resin instead of polyester resin (like Bondo FG kits) and heat won't be an issue. You can get epoxy resins at a Hobby Lobby type store or order online.