My T-21 Build

• 3 weeks later...

Looks top notch. The Disc gives it a very nice feel and look. I'm picking up a couple of these next week for my T-21 and pack. should be good stuff. Nice to see others doing Xaviers mod.

• 4 months later...

Awesome job Luke! I just finished my T-21 (same maker) as well. At the end I had used 3/4 of a can of bondo...lol! I love the idea with your trigger; I used a Xavier plasma disc as well but mine is orange. I wanted a red one but I guess they don't come in that color?

J

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

TA DA!!! I sprayed it in black today, and I love how it looks :) . I’m not sure whether I should weather and lacquer it, as it looks so cool in matte black. What does everyone think?

Posted Image

Thank you for all the help people have given me!

Luke :)

P.S Here is a little video to show the trigger and plasma disc:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gGrpn5E6hD8

TA DA!!! I sprayed it in black today, and I love how it looks :) . I’m not sure whether I should weather and lacquer it, as it looks so cool in matte black. What does everyone think?

Posted Image

Thank you for all the help people have given me!

P.S Here is a little video to show the trigger and plasma disc:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gGrpn5E6hD8

Looks good man, personally I think it needs some weathering. You don't want to be that trooper with the nice and new gun, fresh from the assembly line do ya lol??? I would also paint up the stock to look like woodgrain but that is just my opinion.

Looks good! The trigger is really cool. Are you adding a sling?

I shall be making a sling soon, from scratch. So I will keep the thread updated when I start.

Looks good man, personally I think it needs some weathering. You don't want to be that trooper with the nice and new gun, fresh from the assembly line do ya lol??? I would also paint up the stock to look like woodgrain but that is just my opinion.

Very true, weathered it shall be! B)

I don't want to paint it in wood grain however. As in the movie they seem to have sprayed the stock black, along with the gun.

Thanks again

Luke

Why make the sling from scratch?? They used two enfield slings in the movies and they are relatively cheap and fit the look perfectly. I just ordered up a pair from a guy on Ebay and they look great!! It really helps complete the look.

A friend of mine has built a few replica slings before. He made a perfect match for his Lewis gun, a few years ago. And said he would lend a hand with mine.

Other reasons for building one from scratch is weight & durability. The material used on the original slings were heavyweight WWII webbing, this frays and falls apart over time. The one I shall be making will be Polypropylene webbing, very light weight and heavy duty material. PLUS, if any frays occur on this webbing, you can simply get a lighter and met the fraying edge together (I have done that a few times on my armours webbing system, and no problems have occurred.)

Thanks

"Here's me beauty", lol.

I made the sling loop by hammering some steel rod into a loop; I then attached it with some thick plastic and rivets.

For the adjuster I used a "ladder fastener", that I weathered with my gun.

I then wrapped the webbing round the other end (very tightly), and attached pop rivets.

The weathering was dry brushed on, and then I lacquerd it so it’s nice and shiny.

Posted Image

What does everyone think??

Luke :D