An idea for the Radio Faceplate.

iconoclasta_88

I dont know if anyone has come with something like this before but... What do you think of trying to mimic the Sonix Radio faceplate but making it a bit more imperial?, like this:

Do you think it would make it more cool, or would it just be a step backwards from accuracy?

Posted Image

Saludos

Hey bro :lol: its totally up to you,its cool btw! But if you want to more screen accurate,make it not too visible,like...you can do the markings in black instead of white for example

Its totally up to you. Hey updated your blog yet?

Cheers! :)

Hey bro :lol: its totally up to you,its cool btw! But if you want to more screen accurate,make it not too visible,like...you can do the markings in black instead of white for example

Its totally up to you. Hey updated your blog yet?

Cheers! :)

THX pappy...

I just thought it would be funny. I dont know if Ill do it anyway, probably not. If I could get a new faceplate more like the sonix one, I might do the signs to this one. But now for a while I guess...

So this brings me another question: If the Sonix radio has all this signs, could it be that we just dont notice it on the film due to resolution, or were they painted black. Or maybe the radioboxes were not sonix radios but just replicas... I guess I will read the whole Sonix thread again in case I missed this...

My blog is updated with my bucket, backpack and other stuff. Also, my facebook library has all the pictures of the building of them both... Didnt know you read my blog. Thanks a lot :D

Saludos.

That's awesome bro! Did you hand paint all of those? Very impressive.

Here's a little effect for the gauge too, Sorry for the crazy size, I'm computer noob sometimes, but the idea is to illuminate the gauge....

Posted Image

Nothing too special, a couple AA's, a switch (already part of the pack), a LED, a water bottle top or some other thing to be utilized as a light cone, some silver paint.

Posted Image

Pretty sill huh? :lol:

Posted Image

i like it B)

good idea

Thx bro! I like it but dont know if it will make it better or worse propwise.

That's awesome bro! Did you hand paint all of those? Very impressive.

I'm with Scootch. I wanna know how in the world you did that. Is that all hand-painted? I really like it and wouldn't mind doing it to my faceplate.

Well, its just photoshop. I am still thinking about it. Dont know if I will go all the way for real... Im a bit concerned about trying a better screen look, and that is just not accurate, so.

Anyway, I like how you did the led thing. It looks awesome...

Did you cut out the black part from below the decal or does light passes through it? (Do you know what I mean?)

Thanks a lot!

Yeah bro I cut it out then cleaned it up with a sanding wheel in my Dremel tool. Then I cut a piece of plexiglass from an old picture frame, and hot glued it on back. I just use some hairspray to stick a printed out gauge to it so it's totally easy to upgrade later if TK-4510 ever makes decals for this or something down the road. :)

Posted Image