Accurate Painting/Detailing for the T-21/Lewis Gun

The Lewis Gun, has been a coveted weapon of the Sand Troopers, and there are 3-5 options. I have held a real one in my hands, which was owned by one of my Garrison mates. It was a beautiful specimen, similar to guns posted by others on this forum.

But many of the BFG carriers in different Garrisons, use the Lewis Gun in a variety of configurations...

- A Sci-Fire Lewis Gun, a nearly perfect replication of the Lewis Gun, made with Hyperfirm Rubber AND even with wood-tone grips.

- A Cushman T-21, a CNC'd replica of the Lewis Gun from PofSW Blueprints, made with Poly-Styrene AND a kit form of a T-21.

- A FoxFlier ABS Lewis Gun kit. Similar to Cushman, requires internal shimming tabs to construct. No T-21 parts.

- A hand built gun. Some look fantastic, some look like toilet-pipe guns. The Woodchuck is a fine T-21 Blaster in the hand built type.

- OH, a real Lewis Gun... but converting it to a T-21 would seem almost criminal.

But what is important – Which weathering is appropriate to get to this point...

post-1912-1233726132_thumb.jpg

This is where a discussion on weathering, detailing, extra parts and so forth, make a Lewis Gun into a T-21.

- What color is it?

- Is a Lewis Gun, in its plain form, a T-21? (As compared to a Sterling being an E-11 – is it an E-11?)

It would be cool if all who make BFGs, try to work together, and help make a consistent guideline.

I would even draw up a schematic. TheGreatSot found a cool little piece all of us are missing.

I will post it once it is found.

Chime In.

John

p.s. – I have a new and exciting project I am working on.. actually 2-3 and I am loving rapid prototyping!

I'm in on that John!!

As I am still working out some small details of the Lewis I am building from scratch. My intention is when it is ready to make a small run of it also. But I want to make it look like the real deal and that's what I am figuring out right now.

So helping eachother out and creating a standard for it would be more than welcome.. :)

I was able to get good results by mixing blacks. Flat, Satin, and Gloss... on a T-21 build.

I really wish there were a super-good resource for the barrel ribs. Can't find the rounded looking drain pipe of the correct diameter.

As for the differing blacks, I will dig up pics and show one I did for Daetrin. The differing specularity of different parts make it seem that an object, made as one thing, can look like it had several components.

Thanks too Pappy... you find the shots, then we can put together a blueprint of what would be shiny or dull, and the part has bakelte, actual wood, or just painted plain black.

Chime on in...

John

I'm in on that John!!

As I am still working out some small details of the Lewis I am building from scratch. My intention is when it is ready to make a small run of it also. But I want to make it look like the real deal and that's what I am figuring out right now.

So helping eachother out and creating a standard for it would be more than welcome.. :)

I have 3 different tubes to add my SF Lewis gun.

I´m not sure, i have found the right one yet.

And i don´t have, the small wire on the side + the metail rail to hold the tube for accurate look.

If there ever will be a plastic/rubber kit, to go modify your Lewis gun to T-21...

I´m all in :)

I think helping eachother with whatever the project is...is a awesome thing to do !! Better than those who only think they are alone on this world and make a competition of it <_< !! Great idea bro's..i am sure you all will make a blast of a project with those helping hands B) !!

Grtz RAY

• 1 month later...

Has anyone nailed this down yet? I too have a Sci-Fire T-21 and would like to add the ribbed tube. any ideas?

Thanks~

Ben,

I found mine at Home Depot

10 feet of tube was 5 bucks

I have some leftove if you want a chunk

Posted Image

Ben,

I found mine at Home Depot

10 feet of tube was 5 bucks

I have some leftove if you want a chunk

Posted Image

Absolutely bro, I'll snag some if you have some extra. The Home Depot in my area is lame, they don't stock it.

• 4 weeks later...

I did a run of T21's recently and we used a big rubberhose for the tubing and I must say that the result is really great, for the small rubber sleeve part in front of the rings we used the inner tyre/tube of a bicycle.

Here you can see the rubber rings in full effect B)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

B)