WORD!

Imabarroomhero

Alright, so I made a quick overnight backpack which isn't too bad but I want to make it full cannon, but I have a few ?'s. My buddy just hooked me up with a radiobox face. I was just curious if anyone knows what's best to use for the rest of the box. Another question, what do you folks use for your tops for the blue containers on your packs? Oh, and last question I was thinking about doctoring up a gatorade mix container and making a burger stacker out of it, was just curious if the dimensions would work properly....Really appreciate any feedback! Thanks in advance!

I've been using sheet styrene 3" tall for the sides of the radio box. You could probably pick up a "for sale" sign and cut it to the dimensions needed to build the box. I use 1" aluminum knobs from Radio Shack for the middle, and a medicine bottle cut down to 3/4" tall for the large knob on the top. A couple of slide switches in the middle finishes the details on the radio faceplate.

Originally, Mike used Tupperware dessert bowls for the tops of the blue cylinders, but after careful analysis with screen captures, we thought the shape wasn't quite right and they were a little small. For an overnight backpack, the Jello bowls would work fine.

The Tupperware hamburger stackers are 4 1/4" in diameter. If the Gatorade bottle is close to that, then you should be in good shape. WhiteCommando used rubber bands to add the ribs to the side of a PVC pipe, and you could probably do the same with your mix bottle.

Good luck, and I look forward to seeing your pack!

Charlie

Right on, thanks man. I actually just cut up some extra abs strips that came with my FX kit for the belt, should work perfect for the box. After hearing the burger stacker idea I'm going to scrap the gatorade idea and just do that, sounds like it should work perfectly....do you know if he went over the rubberbands with anything? I'd imagine afer painting them they crack. As far as the bowls go, I'm going to see if I can track down those Jello bowls and go from there, thanks chief I appreciate your help!

I got a few parts today, I was actually able to find something that just about fit the bill. It's a flexible rubber coupler for 3" pipes, I know just a little small but it works well. It comes with 2 clamps and it already has 2 recessed rings on it, I just have to carve out some more to make it look more like a burger stacker, I'm going to have a long night...I'll try to get pics up. I'm actually using the sideshow TD fig as reference lol, seems to work well so far though.... http://www.sideshowtoy.com/?page_id=4489&sku=21381

Well here's my pack so far, unfortunately it was a time crunch and I had to throw on some quick paint before an event and I lost one of my top right cylinders and the funnel on the bottom, but here she be, needs some securing work and a quick repaint, luckily its tempera...

Posted Image

dont be disappointed bro... sometimes it takes a while for ppl to reply to threads...

Anyway, here are a few of my thoughts on your backpack...

First of all I must say that for a overnight rushed backpack, it looks good. There is room for some updates I guess... Some suggestions to make it more accurate:

1. The sand looks more like mud than sand. Try to clean up the weathering and then maybe follow some of the threads on weathering in the forum. I would use hairspray or similar and the fullers earth or actual dirt. Try to make it more natural and less "painted".

2. Maybe try and upgrade the "air filter" on top left for a shorter wider one. Or maybe try and make one of the more accurate filters (there are a few threads about alternatives).

3. It seems to me that the tube on the left to the burger stacker is a bit short.

4. You are missing the little tip on the bee stinger.

5. The burger stacker is missing the "level" rings... maybe use rubber bands to simulate them. I did and the results are acceptable.

6.The bottles are fine I guess, but if you could replace them with some more cylindrical and wider bottles it would be great.

Twinki looks fine, and so looks the mortar tube. Radar dish must be replaced with the tupperware lid if you want it to be accurate.

Overall, I think it is a fine backpack... all this are just suggestions. But I think if you could just redo the weathering, it would give it a much better look and feel all around.

Hope it helps...

Saludos

dont be disappointed bro... sometimes it takes a while for ppl to reply to threads...

Anyway, here are a few of my thoughts on your backpack...

First of all I must say that for a overnight rushed backpack, it looks good. There is room for some updates I guess... Some suggestions to make it more accurate:

1. The sand looks more like mud than sand. Try to clean up the weathering and then maybe follow some of the threads on weathering in the forum. I would use hairspray or similar and the fullers earth or actual dirt. Try to make it more natural and less "painted".

2. Maybe try and upgrade the "air filter" on top left for a shorter wider one. Or maybe try and make one of the more accurate filters (there are a few threads about alternatives).

3. It seems to me that the tube on the left to the burger stacker is a bit short.

4. You are missing the little tip on the bee stinger.

5. The burger stacker is missing the "level" stripes... maybe use rubber bands to simulate them. I did and the results are acceptable.

6.The bottles are fine I guess, but if you could replace them with some more cylindrical and wider bottles it would be great.

Twinki looks fine, and so looks the mortar tube. Radar dish must be replaced with the tupperware lid if you want it to be accurate.

Overall, I think it is a fine backpack... all this are just suggestions. But I think if you could just redo the weathering, it would give it a much better look and feel all around.

Hope it helps...

Saludos

Thanks man appreciate the input, yeah the weathering is already being cleaned up, unfortunately I messed the coloring and went a little wild with it, I'm still on the lookout for proper bottles/tupperware lid, the burger stacker is going to get some work as well. Other than that thanks a ton for the suggestions! Totally appreciate it, need to know what to work on.

all ya really gotta remember when weathering is dry sandy arid colours,,,tatooine afterall is dry,,no water whatsoever,,,otherwise there wouldnt be moisture farmers who use condensors to literally "pull" the moisture from the atmosphere.

so do your best to avoid any weathering that "looks" like mud...we are SANDtroopers afterall :) not MUDtroopers ;)

other than that mate ya pack looks great!!