Sandtrooper's formal uniform

Pappy

If i want a non battle uniform for my sandtrooper battle suit,where should i go?

color,gloves/nogloves,rankbars(4 'switch'? or 6?),hat/beret?,tailor details etc,greeblies(metal parts,boots etc)

B)

My presumption is that storm/sandtroopers wear a black officer's uniform when not in armor. You just need a small rank badge. Heck, one could speculate that the IN's are really just de-armored stormtroopers. It was never clear at the time. I mean, why else would an Army (black) officer command IN's (Navy) in the detention block? That makes no sense at all.

I would like this as a soft, off-duty type suit...

Easy to carry, probably not too pricey (mainly the lid I bet).

Anyone know where to get one at a decent price? The lid I mean.

Thanks!

John

My presumption is that storm/sandtroopers wear a black officer's uniform when not in armor. You just need a small rank badge. Heck, one could speculate that the IN's are really just de-armored stormtroopers. It was never clear at the time. I mean, why else would an Army (black) officer command IN's (Navy) in the detention block? That makes no sense at all.

LMAO!! :lol: he's saying the fastest move along in history i bet!!

Thanks for the inputs officers,so theres no definitive source right? because i like black,maybe i'll go black with this several ranks w/beret (opted the hat)... :D

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

or

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

:D

:lol: :lol:

Heres what i knew:

]Boots - German officer boots WWII,still dont know which one,they're many! :wacko:

]Rank bars - Switch lens,the closest i knew is from Newark's,but im not sure yet.......but the size are close enough. And probably use alluminium for the base

]Hat metal part - Musical instruments part,forgot what it is

]Holster - Mauser's

EDIT: Forgot to add. Imperial cylinders - Vintage Radiation Dosimeters

What i completely blind of:

]The Gloves

]Belt and parts

]Cloth's and hat's pattern and fabric

Help......... :(

Have you checked out the IOC forums? I bet these have all been answered there - heck it's where I'd to go put together an officer uniform.

OTOH, it's great to see the items here - especially the boots as I still need to get those. I got gauntlets from some mideival supply place - will have to figure out which one but I'm not sure they're 100% film accurate, though they do look it on casual inspection.

There is someone doing a run of real dosimeters on FISD. Belt - most people get from Tandy leather. Rank bars, hat disks, and rank badges there are typically 501st folks who do runs you may be able to get in on. I got my belt boxes from an electronics supply store, but apparently there are better ones out there.

For cloth parts - that's the kicker. I'm not sure, but I do know it's been answered ad nasueum on IOC.

I have sir,but not for long,and i havent found spesific discussion regarding what is the original uniform made of,only 'whats good enough' thus far :( i'll go and back again

Hehe yeah,although its not canon(TD formal uniform...maybe),its fun to make it up exactly like other officers's uniforms were

Got the dosimeters covered from chris(lonepigeon)'s run.

Rank bars, hat disks, and rank badges,where can i get these? this is the only 501st forum i bcome a member :D

I'll search again.....Probably i'll went by making all this by myself(with machinist and tailorist :lol: ) due to budget and sometimes shipping costs is killing me,but i still need a source on what based on the acctual parts is :)

The search continues.......................................