Imperial Commando Helmet build

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

judging from my personal casting experiences, i would say to make it worth there while to pour helmets, id say maybe 5-10? AFTER the approx. 6 or so that they need

Yeah. I'd say that a ten helmet run would be okay to do. There is an issue though. Currently, the helmet mold has the nose grills vs. the frown. We've never made a master with the frown. We've alway made the helmets with the frowns as we went. Let's do an interest poll here to see which version of helmet you would all prefer.

This run will include the following:

1. Helmet

2. Earcap with antennas

3. Frown stencil for marking

4. Tube stripes stencils

5. Lenses for eyes

6. Laser cut foam padding for interior of helmet

7. Edge molding for bottom of helmet

8. Shoulder bells with padding

Wow! That's awesome. I noticed that the shoulders were the only other custom parts needed to build one of these guys (other than pauldrons, shoulder holsters, ammo belts, grenade launchers, beer fridges...)

I would definately have one of each if you were offering both types. If I had to pick one or the other I'd go for one with the frown, but alternatively if the run is just for the version with the nose vents, I'd be on that list too!

Yeah. It looks like we will do a run of these helmets and kits. I'll get the mold done first then put up a run list. LOL. I'm seriously surprised that anyone is interested in this. We like it but it's like a Mom liking her own child.

I'm glad you are all interested and thanks very much for the compliments. At this point, slavefive (Lewis) and I will only be directing the short and the film.

Yeah. It looks like we will do a run of these helmets and kits. I'll get the mold done first then put up a run list. LOL. I'm seriously surprised that anyone is interested in this. We like it but it's like a Mom liking her own child.

I'm glad you are all interested and thanks very much for the compliments. At this point, slavefive (Lewis) and I will only be directing the short and the film.

The buckets are beautiful! I'm making one out of my FX bucket and I can tell you that it will not look as good as your buckets. Not even close.

• 1 month later...

JB, this is D in Tampa... Are you kidding man? Of course people are interested bud. Remember that I had said YEARS ago, that I wanted a set. Still do too! :D BTW- your avatar kills me man! :lol:

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I'd love one of each type, but I'd take two of the non-frown version and add the mouth to one myself quite happily if only the non-frown was on offer! I hope this project is still going strong- they're the coolest SW customs out there, ever!

• 2 weeks later...

I'd love one of each type, but I'd take two of the non-frown version and add the mouth to one myself quite happily if only the non-frown was on offer! I hope this project is still going strong- they're the coolest SW customs out there, ever!

I don't think there will be a run. Time to make your own IC buckets.

Posted Image

• 2 months later...

Nope, its gone awfully quite on the Imperial Commando front. Gorgeous pieces.

If any of the Sci-Fire guys read this- there are probably quite a few IC fans out there besides me and Sands who would be happy to buy one of these lids! If there's any news on a possible run, or the project in general, we'd love to know of it,

TC

• 6 months later...