Imperial Commando Helmet build

It's funny....the Imperial Commandos project has been hanging in the air for a long time now. We've just gotten back to working on it recently and actually setup a new website for it. It's still under construction but we're getting there.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Once I'm 100% done with my TD I'm going to make one. I love it!!

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

TK-J would you add model kit parts for making detailed grebblies? That would be awesome!

I suppose you could add whatever you want. I've never really been one for adding bits'n'pieces. I like plain :D.

I'm neither....LOL. At this point, none of us will be in the costumes for the movie. We are talking to actors to do this. We will be casting the people based on height / weight for this. Currently, Slavefive has the Argos and I have the Lt. Rospin (green). As much as I'd like to be the one in the movie, I believe that someone else will look much better in the costume.

Heh. Well, we're definitely looking for people to fill the shoes. Unfortunately, there is a lot of expectations that go along with making this movie. We started working on this a long time ago and caught a few eyes and there's a ton of fan films out there with some great quality. We hope this ends up meeting the mark.

Holy smokes! Those are the older designs. We never ended up making them. We tried to keep the helmets more uniformed in design. We did those before Episode III released. LOL. Man I can't believe you still have that picture. After the original website crashed, I lost tons of the old stuff. That's awesome to see that picture.

The scout design we ended up with came from the blue one second from left third row down.

when i first went up, i was in el cajon, and was following the IC progress during the helmet build as it was very cool, and clones weren't "IN" just yet, at least not for another 2 years.

ive got some old pics off that site that ive had for some time.

and in hind site, i should've done this guy for the st. paddy's day parade....instead of Argos.

Posted Image

but i have these if youre missing them.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

We're in the process of remolding the helmet with some slight corrections. We were thinking of offering these helmets if enough people were interested. I personally don't think that enough people will be interested since this is completely a fan made design but we had to offer.

We got some really bad screen caps from Witch Mountain....

Imperial Commandos

Well I don't know about anyone else but I'd buy one, and probably several, in a heartbeat if they were available. Probably try to strong-arm some friends into building a whole squad. Wildly creative, and totally, utterly cool. That's what its all about as far as I'm concerned.