Color blue for backpack parts...

iconoclasta_88

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah!

Lots of paint colors, but specially cameras and computers, can make color change in different lights.

The most important thing here is, how does it looks in real life. I mean... PPL will be looking at your armor in troops or display with their own eyes so... what do you think?

Does it looks too gray, or is it nice and blue?

As I said, that color was one of the most popular choices a couple of years ago. It is not that bad...

Anyway, if you rather have it blue all the time (real life and online), maybe you can consider painting it with other color or brand.

Dirty Boy knows his packs... so his suggestion is one to be taken in consideration.

Also, have you tried to find the humbrol online?

I found mine online and I love the color of my pack.

Hope this helps.

Saludos.

PS. If you can't find the humbrol on line, but want to go that way, shoot me a PM and I will help you find some.

I couldn't tell how blue it was when I was taking the pic outside (that's how colorblind I am)...but I could tell a difference once I saw the picture. I dunno. To me it looks really gray in person but to a few other people I showed to outside today they told me they could see the blue with hints of gray in it. I'm debating on trying to track down a can or two of Rustoleum Lake Blue as suggested by Dirty Boy

• 5 months later...

Hi guys im new here, but building a TD and am starting the pack and was wondering if anyone has used model master FS blue, found it at my hobby store and thought it was close enough to the humbrol color.

ok...here's a picture of the color I used (Rustoleum Satin Slate Blue) out in direct sunlight today.

Posted Image

And here is what the color looks like indoors or in artificial light

Posted Image

You can really see the blue in the sunlight. What should I do? Repaint w/ a different color? Keep what I have? It's really amazing how the blue comes out nicely in the natural sunlight rather than indoors. Does anyone else notice this on their backpacks?

The out door pics looks perfect/right color i think.

I used humbrol 47 on my pack, and it looks just like your out door shot here :thumbsup:

Posted Image

Posted Image

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Okay,

well actually we have only foggy weatherconditions here and when I come from work its already dark.

So here a pic from this morning on my balcony:

1551537_273120789510875_1931233974_n.jpg

1656202_273120786177542_1813402190_n.jpg

and one with kitchen light, which shows up already a bit different

1622068_273120799510874_1260241631_n.jpg

Ts72 looks good.

Also in natural light your trays look good too.

How are theyin real life. How do they look to your eye? You want them to look like the picture on your balcony, not as the one on the kitchen.

Ill try to find a paint equivalence chart. Give me a min.

Saludos.