• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 8 months later...

Has anyone ever used tamiya TS23 light blue?I agree with iconoclasta_88

that this is closest to Humbrol 47.

75dfdc07gw1eloxqqutj3j21hs200b29.jpg

But the result turned out to be not so satisfying. In white light or yellow light, it looks good.

75dfdc07gw1eloxqn64m8j21hs200u0x.jpg

75dfdc07gw1eloxqi0c5aj21hs200npd.jpg

But in sun light I find it a little too blue. Any comments? Do you guys think it`s acceptable?I wonder if I have to repaint it... :6:

75dfdc07gw1eloxqu5bf0j21kw1kwwvh.jpg

• 8 months later...

Lowe's online has the Slate Blue from Rust-oleum. (Item number 417728) I had to order 6 cans since the stores in my area did not carry this color, and they would not ship 1 can to me or let me pick up 1 can after an order.. so i guess i can make a few packs now or share with some others in the Colorado area. fun!

• 3 months later...

Bump

Opinions comments on the color please.

EDIT - I don't think this color works. Too much gray in it.

Home Depot and Lowes have failed me.

I did find another Rustoleam color. It is a "baby" blue with gray.

It is Rustoleam Painter's Touch 249062 Satin Wildflower Blue.

It is sort of like the blue that I used to see painted on benches at the air base. Like a "military baby blue".

It is windy out today. I'll try to make a patch to post here.

EDIT - This is a strange color. I don't think it will work. IMO - I think it is a bit too much gray.

This is one coat of the paint on a wipes tube.

Direct sunlight

th_IMG_4956_zpsiaj2zliz.jpg

Indirect sunlight

th_IMG_4957_zpsaxc7hefo.jpg

Idoors W/O flash

th_IMG_4958_zpslgmiqdad.jpg

Indoors w/ flash

th_IMG_4959_zpspfwenxet.jpg

How it really looks is somewhere between the indirect sunlight and indoors with flash.

• 3 weeks later...

Humbrol Model Enamel Paint No.047 Gloss Sea Blue, AA0518 https://www.amazon.com/dp/B001TQP2XO/ref=cm_sw_r_awd_7gLowbE15J3EV

This color is way too "blue". The blueish hue came mainly through the filters they used for the special edition.

Here you can see some comparison shots >>> http://forum.mepd.net/index.php?showtopic=13820&st=0

Personally, I go with the RAL 7031 color code but as long as we don't know which actual color they used there is of course some discretion involved.

Cheers

Ya, I was just posting as I am compiling supplies for my build and happened accross it. Humbrol #47 has been refrenced, but I agree, its on the blue side. Then I saw a bunch on Trooperbay, and for a better price. Some of the other paints refrenced like Rustoleum slate blue seem better. Which I will most likely use.

This color is way too "blue". The blueish hue came mainly through the filters they used for the special edition.

Here you can see some comparison shots >>> http://forum.mepd.net/index.php?showtopic=13820&st=0

Personally, I go with the RAL 7031 color code but as long as we don't know which actual color they used there is of course some discretion involved.

Cheers

Can you go back a page and give an opinion on my post? > http://forum.mepd.net/index.php?showtopic=4987&view=findpost&p=178002

Thanks.

Well, as you already noted it doesn't look right. The color they used is really tricky as it changes from grey to blue(ish) if exposed to sunlight.

As I've wrote in the last post I find that the RAL 7031 tone resembles this color best. You can also see the effect with and without exposure quite well in the pictures I've posted in the link above. Not claiming that I hold the ultimate truth, just my opinion ;-)

The Rustoleum Satin Slate would be my second choice if the other one is not available.

Hope that helps.

• 6 months later...
While perusing the spray paint section of the hardware store, I found a can of Rustoleum Satin "Lake Blue" 241252 (Rolf should appreciate that number :) )

I sprayed it on some parts that I'm sending to Spain, and it looks really close to the color on the screen used backpacks. I included the white balance cards in the picture so that you can calibrate your monitor (if you want to be that detailed)

rustoleum_lake_blue_1.jpgrustoleum_lake_blue_2.jpgrustoleum_lake_blue_3.jpgrustoleum_lake_blue_4.jpg

The blue isn't quite that bright in person and has a little more gray in it than the photos show, but apparently, someone at Rustoleum loves the Sandtroopers!

Charlie

Thanks for the paint colour tip! In Canada it's called harbour blue and made by tremclad... a RPM company/ rust-oleum.. haha

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk