Sandtrooper/ weathering Tutorial The GZ way

Burt Landcaster

As I have said before I learned everything from Chris Then added my own twist upon it. As he shared with me freely I am now passing on what I have learned to all of you. Fallow everything I show here and you will look like this.

The rules are the same for clones just diffrent colors like green ect....

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Sandtrooper

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

"ya'd like to know ma secrets would ya"

Posted Image

Anyway the paints you can find easy at wal-mart or the dollar store. Now the colors you will need the most are Burnt Umber, Maple Syrup, Tan or country tan, slate gray or Country gray. Or what ever you can find that comes close.

here are the major colors all you really need

Posted Image

I bought extra for addes effect

Posted Image

frist off you want a paper plate or a normal one it's up to you and you want to put a few drops of your paint Darkest to lightest.

Posted Image

Posted Image

I was only tought the basics of this and i try to do my best to give you more to go on then i did

OK next you want to take your darkest color paint Burnt umber and apply it in spots a little here a little there. A crap load here lol

Posted Image

Posted Image

Next take a damp rag or cloth what ever you wish to use and paint down the paint.

Posted Image

Now a few people have asked how i got the dirt look where its chipped away like the dirt and grime is so tough it looks as though it was rubbed but didn't come off.

I let the darkest paint dry for maybe a minute or so.. now you do not want to wait to long or else it wont peel the way you would like.

Posted Image

now after the paint has dried a bit pat and twist not to hard not to soft. now take out a paper towel after word and pat while it;s still wet, and also lightly dust the paint with the paper towel kind of like your smacking the paint to knock some of the execs paint off. but be careful you don't want it to look cleaned off, or knock to much paint off of the armor. Don't worry if you mess up you can always re-do it and the paint comes off easy!

Posted Image

OK next you take your next darkest color maple syrup of coffee bean what ever you find. and repeat step1

p><p> <strong class=now this is where your personalty in your armor starts to show Now. the way to go about it is to try and think about how this armor would really look exposed to the weather and time.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v652/panicindetroit/Strom%20trooper%20project/sandtrooper%20project/DSC06925.jpg' alt='DSC06925.jpg'>

Next you want to use a lighter color TAN repeat step one

DSC06926.jpg

Pat it down with a wet rag remember try your best to make it look as real as you can get it.

DSC06927.jpg

Now this is what the leg with look like after you have hit it with all the paints

Posted Image

Now after this you want to hit the armor with country gray or slate gray what ever you find.

Posted Image

now the next step is up to you, I keep working at the armor till i am pleased with it, i go over areas working off areas with a wet rag and paper towel

Don't be afraid to try diffrent things like taking a darker color and over lapping some spots of your armor after you finished with the lightest color.

Posted Image

Also Yellow Ochre This color is LOUD so use it sparingly a small spot here and there where ever you want it but very little if done right this color really bearings your armor to life!

If you have any questions Shot me an e-mail or ask here by posting a reply

I am a part of the hair club for men :lol:

aaahh im a long haired man too....how you put your helmets on? TuTorial!!! :lol:

Excellent weathering man... :duim: and thanks a lot for bunch of tips