Non Cannon Accessories

• 7 months later...

Sorry to dig up this old fossil, but I just had to show you guys my new mod. Basically its a torch, similarly attached to my helmet as the one in "Star Wars -Clone Wars".

It is constructed of an aluminium torch, and one piece of HIPS, that has been shaped over the top of it. I then attached it using the two machine screws on my helmet, so that it is removable.

What does everyone think?

Posted Image

Posted Image

Luke

• 2 months later...

Hey guys, ya the pics that were posted from city walk are of the guys that call themselves the "black sheep". There the guys that made the origanal fan film "troops" and now the fan film series "IMPS". There actually not apart of the 501st but I love how they think outside of the box when it comes to there home made armor and accessories!

Mike

• 1 month later...

Mmmmmmmm I gotta say those are sweeet! What are they?

Actually I don't really know. They look like some kind of weird 19th-century costume or ceremonial spurs. Maybe something Masonic, who knows. They look a bit like claws or something. It would be a bit stupid to try to ride a horse with them. But a Dewback- bingo!

How bout these- standard Imperial issue maglites? Useful when you pull over a drunk-driving moisture farmer. You know, the old 'blow this light out and it means you're not drunk' test.

How bout these- standard Imperial issue maglites? Useful when you pull over a drunk-driving moisture farmer. You know, the old 'blow this light out and it means you're not drunk' test.

What are those wrapped in?

AWESOME IDEA! might be copying this one!

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Now this is pretty cool :)

Lites are pretty cool....but a Stormtroopers helmet would be configured for passive night vision. I/R and especially heat. Ask any modern soldier who is in an armored vehicle. They use heat (thermal) makes people jumpout from the background. I do like the lights....but not likely imho

Lites are pretty cool....but a Stormtroopers helmet would be configured for passive night vision. I/R and especially heat. Ask any modern soldier who is in an armored vehicle. They use heat (thermal) makes people jumpout from the background. I do like the lights....but not likely imho

I wonder about that. If this is the case why are RC's fitted with white external lights? Also, it seems there is a technology degrade between the NT & OT, just like lots of technology was lost for years after the fall of the Roman Empire. It wouldn't be out of question to presume that some of the hi tech stuff was lost or became too expensive post transition.

I wonder about that. If this is the case why are RC's fitted with white external lights? Also, it seems there is a technology degrade between the NT & OT, just like lots of technology was lost for years after the fall of the Roman Empire. It wouldn't be out of question to presume that some of the hi tech stuff was lost or became too expensive post transition.

Keep in mind that a bright light is more useful for close quarters. It blinds onlookers.

Always multiple reasons to have lights...Never seen a soldier wear one on his helmet. Common to carryone on your chest...sometimes(!) attached to weapons. More useful for police work ... Police are usually taught to hold flashlight away from your body, as bad guys tend to shot at the light. :) Not sure about the howz/whyz of attaching lights to weapons?

• 1 month later...

Using thermal vision on Tatooine..... hmmmmmm unsure if that would always work, lol

Also if you go into hot chambers they could come in use. ;)

I see your point tho.