Art Andrews

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

GREEDY! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

There is a name for that:

The TD sickness :D .

(i will never have 5, i mostly only a fan of the version packs # 3 and # 5 aka the so called sergeant/captain packs.

I like to mix pauldron ranks/weapons/pouches between my two packs, for different looks)

Now we have the check point in place.

From # 1 to 5.

Posted Image

Its looks like the have the same one on here (only the seed trays are both black on the #3 pack).

Posted Image

In the desert, they have chance two packs around.

So # 3 trooper wears # 5 pack, and # 5 trooper wears # 3 pack.

Posted Image

In the Dok 94.

We still see 7 trooper.

And still, only 5 of them whit back packs on.

Posted Image

1. Captain/no pack.

2. Sergeant whit a pack # 3.

3. Captain whit pack # 5.

4. Private whit pack # 4.

5. Sergeant whit pack # 2.

6. Private whit # 1.

7. No pack, and pauldron.

In the Cantina, we are back to normal.

Its looks like the #5 trooper, wears a #5 pack.

But this time whit a DLT-19.

Also #3 trooper, carrie a DLT-19.

And have he´s #3 pack on.

This time a match :D .

Posted Image

Cheers :) .

I feel we have just about all scenes in place, of the packs.

I only miss one above.

The street search.

Shall we try to brake that one together.

First the # pack pic once again.

Posted Image

Lets try.

Looks like we got a captain pack on a captain, to the right in the pic (a #3 pack).

Posted Image

Looks like the private trooper, on he´s left.

Wears a pack # 2.

Posted Image

Next private trooper coming in.

Wears pack #4.

Posted Image

Looks like there is a sergeant, all out to the left whit a #5 pack on.

Posted Image

Here you can spot them ;) .

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Looks to me, that the only pack we don´t see in that shot.

Is the # 1 pack.

Posted Image

(i can´t remember if they only was 4 in there, but i guess so).

Indeed number 3 and 5 are the nasty ones when it comes to the backpack !

Can't wait to see yours when ready bro ! We're can i fill in the '' 252 backpack order sheet '' :lol::P !?

Thanks for all your info and time bro.

Grtz RAY

Thanks bro, my head is also spinning around right now...

What number pack go to who, and to what shot, ranks weapon :blink: .

Time for some fresh air, and a walk whit the lady.

Cheers, and the best sunday around the world from here :D .

Affirmative sir

It is a hard time for us,but an easy time for the film crew :P daayummm

Pack #1,is there any other pics of it? I only had a crappy shot of it,and its all from the left side <_<

Affirmative sir

It is a hard time for us,but an easy time for the film crew :P daayummm

Pack #1,is there any other pics of it? I only had a crappy shot of it,and its all from the left side <_<

I just made a double dvd check.

Pack #1 is there.

Its pack #5 there is not in the scene.

And there is only 4 troopers in this shot.

We got a captain whit this one here.

Posted Image

Sergeant.

Posted Image

Private.

Posted Image

Private 2.

Posted Image

I´m almost 100% about this ;)

Thanks buddy.

I like to know my self too :D .

I got a few holes in my back pack knowledge, so it was nice to clear that up.

We talk about, only 5 packs made by LFL art dept.

But will that be include versions?.

There are one more pack, in there.

Its the pack # 3, where we see both boxes black.

1. The move a long trooper/check point, whit pack # 3.

Got the blue seed trays box taped down, whit black tape.

Posted Image

2. In the desert, we see Davin wears the same pack.

I guess the shot whit Davin, is taken before the check point scene.

Because there we don´t see the black tape, i guess they later tape it up for the check point scene later.

Posted Image

3. But at the street alley search, we see pack # 3 again.

But whit both seed black, minus the first one in the top is blue.

Plus it also the the sergeant stick, on the left side.

(the captain, all to right in the picture)

Posted Image

4. Here we see the # 3 pack again, but this time it looks like both boxes are black Captain to the left).

Posted Image

So either we have only the 5 packs made.

But tape the # 3 pack up after the desert shots, before they did the check point shot.

And for the alley, and falcon taken off.

The boxes seems black, + add a stick on the side.

So i guess there was a # 6 pack made, whit the same items on as pack # 3 + the stick on the side.

(if not, they must have paint over the blue seed trays over whit black and add the stick)

I´m just happy we got the check point 5 packs in place, because it them we see in all the shots jumping around.

Interesting stuff, Rolf. At this point, I still think there are only 5 packs, although it is possible they made 2 packs that look like pack #3. One thing to consider, regarding your pack to rank discussions is that we place a LOT more importance on continuity than the movie did. If you will notice (and this will be part of my next task) the helmets, and suits, pauldrons, weapons, and packs move all over the place. From what I have seen there is very little concern with consistency or keeping similar characters with similar items. This is why I hesitated to label the packs with anything but numbers. I don't feel, for filming, any pack was assigned to anyone in particular or meant to go with any rank in particular. I think they just laid them all out and everyone picked them up as they went.

Hmmmmm, all this definitely makes me reconsider my current sergeant pack build.

Billy mentioned the thing about the parts falling off, so If I get it right when you loose parts from your pack you are in the right zone. But It all depends on what kind of pack you have. it will probably only be correct on the No.2 private pack as Rolf showed a few posts earlier.

Again, a very interesting thread this..

Great research you did by the way B...compliments.

We know Davin is wearing Pack #3 in the Desert and Terrick is wearing Pack #5. Here are the other three packs represented by the two black pauldron troopers and the 2nd orange pauldron trooper.

Posted Image

Thanks again B..

But I noticed something else about the orange pauldron in this picture. It looks like his right shoulder bell is almost on his elbow :blink:

You know...the one trooper I am still looking for in these scenes is white pauldron #2... Wondering if they propped him up on the dewback (without a backpack) for that scene?

And.... if I would have just looked a little further in my pics before making that comment... there he is... #6, Mr White Pauldron (no stitching) sitting up on the dewback... and what is he missing? A pack. Again, looks to me like 6 troopers, 5 packs.

Posted Image

But I noticed something else about the orange pauldron in this picture. It looks like his right shoulder bell is almost on his elbow :blink:

You see that a LOT with the sandtroopers. I think the problem is with the backpack straps. We know that with the stormtroopers, the straps that hold up the shoulders is attached to the piece that holds the chest and back together, but it is unclear if the sandtroopers were put together like this. If they were, the backpack strap would press down on the shoulder bell strap and I believe eventually tear it off, causing the shoulder bell to fall. If you will notice, in the roadblock scene, they have used black gaffers tape to hold the orange pauldron troopers shoulder bell in place.

so....which scene is shoot first? my guess is between the pod search and millenium falcon escapes from dok 94

:blink: the dok 94 millenium falcon escape - because all pack is in 'complete' condition(except pack #4-it is missing its top mortar lid)>>>cons the armor is not as heavily weathered as in the pod search

:blink: :blink: pod search scene - because all the armor is 'freshly' weathered >>>cons same like above,some pack parts is missing and its not as complete as the dok 94 millenium falcon escape scene

etc.......etc...........

Art,are you sure terrik is wearing the pack #2 in this shot? my guess is pack #5 all this time because > radar dish position is not correct for pack #2 i think,eventhough it looses its top mortar lid the radar is also not in the correct position and character for pack #4,and the Tupperware is similar like #5

Posted ImagePosted Image pack #2 is on the left right?

:mellow:

so....which scene is shoot first? my guess is between the pod search and millenium falcon escapes from dok 94

The desert search/pod scene was the first to be shot.

Art,are you sure terrik is wearing the pack #2 in this shot? my guess is pack #5 all this time because > radar dish position is not correct for pack #2 i think,eventhough it looses its top mortar lid the radar is also not in the correct position and character for pack #4,and the Tupperware is similar like #5

I am not sure where I said Terrick is wearing Pack #2, but if I did, I was incorrect. As you pointed out, he is always wearing Pack #5 in the desert scenes. If you are referring the pic I posted with the 3 troopers standing by the pod, the orange pauldron trooper in that photo isn't Terrick. It is the 2nd orange pauldroned trooper and he is wearing Pack #2.

I am not sure where I said Terrick is wearing Pack #2, but if I did, I was incorrect. As you pointed out, he is always wearing Pack #5 in the desert scenes. If you are referring the pic I posted with the 3 troopers standing by the pod, the orange pauldron trooper in that photo isn't Terrick. It is the 2nd orange pauldroned trooper and he is wearing Pack #2.

oh..shoot.....forgiveness,i didnt realise it wasnt terrik,my apologies high command :salute:

Posted Image

Hmmmmm, all this definitely makes me reconsider my current sergeant pack build.

Only if you're wanting to be truly accurate, matching the pack to the pauldron... I am still buillding the white dial 'Sgt' pack and have a white pauldron...

Great research though guys!!! It is actually a very interesting thread...

oh and going COMPLETELY off track... When are we going to get a white and black Pauldron'd TD Emoticon :td: ?