SU Backpack Breakdown

Art Andrews

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting stuff, Rolf. At this point, I still think there are only 5 packs, although it is possible they made 2 packs that look like pack #3. One thing to consider, regarding your pack to rank discussions is that we place a LOT more importance on continuity than the movie did. If you will notice (and this will be part of my next task) the helmets, and suits, pauldrons, weapons, and packs move all over the place. From what I have seen there is very little concern with consistency or keeping similar characters with similar items. This is why I hesitated to label the packs with anything but numbers. I don't feel, for filming, any pack was assigned to anyone in particular or meant to go with any rank in particular. I think they just laid them all out and everyone picked them up as they went.

Thanks Art :) .

I´m very happy for your guide line, of the 5 packs.

They really put things good together, for us all in here.

I also think, there are only about these 5 ones.

Maybe whit a few versions, of pack #3 too.

I can be jungle to figure out, what go where and to who :unsure: .

When they don´t even know it them self, like you say they just troop whit packs/weapons/pouches random.

As i post i can do 6 accurate versions, of the sand troopers.

But one of my favorites, is your version too (sergeant/mp40 pouch+hip/hip/MG-15).

Its not a movie accurate match, but looks A+.

I just like to know, what is what... and then play whit it.

Its nice to be movie accurate, aka to copy a ANH trooper all the way.

But as long as all your TD gear is accurate, i think its cool to combine your packs, weapons, ranks as you like.

Thanks for your reply :) .

And.... if I would have just looked a little further in my pics before making that comment... there he is... #6, Mr White Pauldron (no stitching) sitting up on the dewback... and what is he missing? A pack. Again, looks to me like 6 troopers, 5 packs.

Posted Image

Its a bit strange, that first he have a pack on.

And later not :blink: .

Here a few, whit it on.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

In the star wars book:

Star wars the chronicles.

There is a nice picture too of the drewback, on page 63.

It looks like he still have the pack on, but i´m not 100% sure.

The pictures i post here BB, is that Davin on the drewback.

If so, i guess its not him on it later on whit out the pack on.

Because he make the, look sir droids line.

And the drewback, whit the trooper on in the back ground.

Cheers :) .

Its a bit strange, that first he have a pack on.

And later not :blink: .

The pictures i post here BB, is that Davin on the drewback.

If so, i guess its not him on it later on whit out the pack on.

Because he make the, look sir droids line.

And the drewback, whit the trooper on in the back ground.

Cheers :) .

You are exactly right. In the promotional images, that is Davin atop the dewback, but when it came time for filming, they brought Davin to the forefront to do the "Look sir, Droids" part and stuck the other white trooper on the dewback. Since they only had 5 packs to go around they gave them to all the guys in the front and Mr dewback-rider didn't get one as he is the hardest to see in these shots. I know a lot of people could probably care less about these kind of details, but this stuff just fascinated me to no end.

But one of my favorites, is your version too (sergeant/mp40 pouch+hip/hip/MG-15).

Its not a movie accurate match, but looks A+.

I just like to know, what is what... and then play whit it.

Its nice to be movie accurate, aka to copy a ANH trooper all the way.

But as long as all your TD gear is accurate, i think its cool to combine your packs, weapons, ranks as you like.

Thanks for your reply :) .

While I prefer to pick one of the 6 and replicate that, it is probably good that others take you approach and do more of a mix and match or we would all pretty much look the same! It is obvious in the movie they weren't terribly concerned about who was wearing what. I assume the hip pouches probably stayed with one set of armor, but only because they were attached. Likewise, the shoulder pouches stayed with whatever pack they were attached to, but aside from that, it really looks like it was a free for all.

You are exactly right. In the promotional images, that is Davin atop the dewback, but when it came time for filming, they brought Davin to the forefront to do the "Look sir, Droids" part and stuck the other white trooper on the dewback. Since they only had 5 packs to go around they gave them to all the guys in the front and Mr dewback-rider didn't get one as he is the hardest to see in these shots. I know a lot of people could probably care less about these kind of details, but this stuff just fascinated me to no end.

I know a lot of people could probably care less about these kind of details, but this stuff just fascinated me to no end.

Copy that Art.

Me too.

I love the old saga, and all the costumes from there.

But the TD´s a have my heart, so i like to look under every stone for hidden stuff/history about them.

Once again, thanks for your time/work on the board buddy ;) .

I dont know if someone already noticed it,but there it is THE 'STACKER' B) thank you han solo for being clumsy :td:

Posted Image

im still looking for other gribblies attached on the backpack for other 'environment'

Here's another (still unsure :unsure: ) But compared to the finger,it is most possible that its not more than 6cm but not less than 4 cm

Posted ImagefromPosted Image

Im not looking at the millenium falcon.........yet,because the possibilities are small,but death star scenes has potential :)

• 9 months later...

never knew what it is,but it could be.

details on pack #1 #4 #5 similar like that one,but on pack #3 it had slightly different feature.

EDIT my bad :P it was only on pack 5 and 4 Posted Image

Pack #4

Posted Image

Pack #5

Posted Image