WhiteCommando's V2 Field Backback

WhiteCommandoV2

OK, I have lost my login info since it has been awhile. So, I made a new MEPD ID, and yes, this is John, from Clone-Empire... BUT, WC2.0 is OK since I have done some serious upgrades, that is, unless it is a problem with the mods. Chime in if it is.

It has been a long time since I posted, so please note that my pack, which is almost there... almost there... just hold off for a few more seconds...

Yep, kitty litter trays instead of seed trays. But the syphon tube (what should be the H-Stackers) is merely a coupling and an end cap for 3" pipe, then the ridges were made with Electrical tape. Lots of the bottles were off of Paul H. (Daetrin's) Version One pack I bought last year. The radio face is from THE MAN, Mr. 1536... also the frame is a Boy Scout vintage frame. The stinger is the faucet cover with a funnel tip. The top box is a sterilite tray with sign plastic for backing.

More pics to come. Oh, here is a story... My wife had a bottle of Fuller's Earth fall on her in the garage... NOT GOOD!!!

Feedback required, especially from Rolf, Mike, and Paul, and all of you scratch-build pack makers!!!

How's the blue-grey?

Standing by...

John

Great work John! It's always cool to see how folks improvise with their packs!

One little detail though, I think the Tupperware pitcher lid needs to be turned around so it is mounted inside out. Also, paint the top of the lid black.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Very impressive!

Charlie

I love you guys!!!

This has been a fun project. Mike sent me some cool little special things (little mini helmets) to spoof up my faux-stacker tube bottom, though I have found one and won it off of ebay.

By the way, the stacker is a pretty easy deal in a pinch (especially since it is just a coupling and a cap). I just need to find some off-the-shelf stuff that looks like syphons.

Also, I may re-assemble Paul's first pack, which was good enough for me to be approved as a TD, and swap out some replacement parts... and sell to a NewB to use as a starter pack.

I think a new TD wannabe's first pack should be like Paul's (which was then mine) and then the second pack should be made by your own hands (or commissioned, as Paul did). Around the same time you are upgrading lids and other parts.

Takes a lot of research to make the 2nd one.

Stay tuned for completion!

Thanks again!

Johnny

• 1 month later...

Looking sweet!!! John.

I can´t wait, to see more asap :) .

(love the little logo in the left bottom corner)

(our new challenge, is to find the right model/version of the siphon ;) .

I hate that we do not have the right model yet, on our backs.

Its not all good, whit the 70´burger stackers add to it .

Hope to find the right one... one day)

Go here... http://gallery.me.com/john.sale/100189

- First pic is Daetrin's pack, that I got for a bargain, AND, it got me approved in the 501st as TD.

- Next two pics show what a little bit of scraps, from the garage and fridge and pantry can do, to make it look more screen accurate.

- A pic of the scratch revise and an MH2 together. Note the tiny "D" ring on the side of the MH radio.

- Then a Screen grab for reference of the tiny "D" ring..

Then some pics of the pack, close ups, Daetrin with a T-21 I built for him, my TE2, also my T-21. At the last, is a Quicktime Movie...

Watch, and then chime in.

I think that radio is done. Ask me what is inside...

I hope that helps you see the stuff.

John

Hi gang

any idea why I cant see a lot of the pictures people post on here??

I am using IE 6 and 7 ????

I'd love to see the pack but cant?????

Oooooo nice stuff mate!

That radio rocks!, I cant see the video here at work so I'll have a look later at home.

thanks for the link... I cant seem to see gallerys, like the reference gal.

I have a buddy with a lathe. If you have an old blueprint, from the model that was available, and used, in 1976. If not that... some supremo image grabs as a .jpg, please e-mail or post here in this thread. Plus, details like the diameter, and height of the "stackers" part... as for the rest, I could recreate, or reverse-engineer, a nearly-exact replica. I just need a real one to have for 3-4 days or blueprints, or great pics and dimensions... Then, I would need to find someone who wants to replicate, help me re-coup prototyping costs, and throw some commissions my way.

That said, I have another cool item... I believe I have found an excellent base platform for seed trays. They are not kitty-litter boxes too. And there are details I can easily add, and we could have a new option for that... if one is needed.

I need to learn how to vac-form! Sheesh.

That said, I do not want to put too much on my plate, or make something where there are too many cooks, serving the same... dish (or "tray" in this case).

chime.

John

Looking sweet!!! John.

I can´t wait, to see more asap :) .

(love the little logo in the left bottom corner)

(our new challenge, is to find the right model/version of the siphon ;) .

I hate that we do not have the right model yet, on our backs.

Its not all good, whit the 70´burger stackers add to it .

Hope to find the right one... one day)

• 1 month later...

My pack is done (well, it dropped the bottom blue tube, but I will post pics that are not so stylized later).

Here is a pic with TheGreatSot wearing my pack...

Posted Image

And me wearing my pack...

Posted Image

And me and Zac...

Posted Image

And just me...

Posted Image

I am getting closer. Just have to shrink my torso, and fit in my suit better. But, it is getting a somewhat better. I could not wear it 2 months ago.

Troop On!!!

John

My pack is done (well, it dropped the bottom blue tube, but I will post pics that are not so stylized later).

Here is a pic with TheGreatSot wearing my pack...

Posted Image

And me wearing my pack...

Posted Image

And me and Zac...

Posted Image

And just me...

Posted Image

I am getting closer. Just have to shrink my torso, and fit in my suit better. But, it is getting a somewhat better. I could not wear it 2 months ago.

Troop On!!!

John

Close up...

post-1912-1237432627_thumb.jpg

Posted Image

Thoughts?

Those pics sure are sexy! Did Josh post the pics from our shoot online yet?

To Zac - Yes, I sent you the e-mail link Josh sent me. We look like monkeys caring for each other.

Need it re-sent to your e-mail? LMK.

And Daetrin, thanks for the compliments... the radio is a MHV1. It just has some detail plates on the bottom, a Sonix 75 logo, and a photoshopped version of Mike's PDF dial-in tuner image on the top left. BUT... I am adding the big dial to this radio and it will look even better. THEN... it goes onto the Daetrin pack. Which is becoming better each week. If I tweak it any more, I may keep it since it is the tube and tuperware topped version of the pack is quite different than my "Move Along" pack.

Last tweaks... I need a tapered tube for the syphon - anyone, anyone? Bueller, Bueller? - and re-add the bottom blue tube/bottle. Then all of the stuff will be on it. Did I miss anything?

And maybe a touch more weathering. AND YES, less is more. So, it will be a light application of Fuller's Earth sand and soot. Then it will be sealed. It makes my hands dusty every time I handle it.

I am getting there. I have to ditch the TK ribbed shoulder straps and drop 20 (to shrink my shims - and myself), add some gaffers tape to my shins, and I will go for deployment.

OH! My lid needs fans... BAD!!!

Those pics sure are sexy! Did Josh post the pics from our shoot online yet?