Movie Accurate Radio for the Pack....

TK8034

Could it be possible that the radio used is a CB radio instead of a "normal" transistor..because I have been searching the net for a few hours right now, but no succes....yet B)

I am still pretty convinced it is a multiwave/multiband/shortwave radio based on the dials and switches. We thought it might be a portable 8-track player but after seeing these new pics, I am giving that idea up and going back to the shortwave radio idea. The problem I think we are going to find is that Sony and Panasonic made a number of these that then became a fad and was copied by an unknown number of Japanese manufacturers. The Sony and Panasonic versions are pretty well documented so I am thinking chances are, these are one of the off-brands which are very poorly documented, which means it is going to be a lot harder to find.

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

let´s hope this radio isn´t too rare so we can find a real one!

i´ve searched all kinds of radio collector sites and didn´t find this specific model so it might be very hard to get one...

:unsure:

EDIT :P my bad

Yea,it could be an older model of PANASONIC RAD SERIES

some product on the link dont had pictures of it,but had unspesific detailing e.g. Wave bands,Material,Shape,Dimensions (WHD),Transistors,Notes

its worth to try though

Aaaaah Thanks Rocko :wub: its a thing of beauty down there....check out those details....................more homework <_<

For anybody searching for panasonic products,heres a fact

originaly named National and still used in japan today

named Panasonic on the US b'cuz theres asimilar company name(National) in the region

for the rest of the world is both :huh: .......DUH! <_<

Awesome dective work :blink: !! I have made contact with someone who collect all kind of old radio's ! He had send me a email back and when he got a '' bingo '' ...(god let's hope so) he will contact me !! But he has alot of fellow radio collectors..so let's hope :unsure: !!

Again...awesome detective work..respect !

Grtz RAY

GO Ray!! :peace: lets find this fugitive!

many radios dont had pictures though,but some is promising,judging on its height/width etc,modern plastic in material,and other spesifications

www.radiomuseum.org is the easiest and the most complete archive i've ever seen so far,but some critical section can only be accessed by members :angry: including the company's logo!

now im looking for logos,maybe theres one pops in and matched what its on the radio.....green,elipsed shape on the left,2 row of writings :blink: but logos often change from time to time -_-

Yo gang.

Now we get better, and better pic of the little thing every day.

But how tall, and wide is it.

In these two last pictures, don´t look to have the same size and shape... even its still the same picture?.

Here you go:

Taller.

Posted Image

More square a like.

Posted Image

I guess its just either the angle of the pic, or how it was cut and blow up?.

The MH/SB radio looks more like the first pic, in size and shape.

Posted Image

By the way, this is my # 3000 post :peace: .

Posted Image

Rolf

Congrates mate for hitting your 3000th post, well done Sir!! :salute:

Getting back to the radio, I know we still have to identify the maker / brand but we do

have a couple of new details that we can add to our packs to get them nearer to the

real thing that we didn't have before this fantastic new discovery :)

Posted Image

ROLF3000 :peace:

Posted Image

Bill,the bottom left 'letters' and 'logo',seems like a two rows words,BUT it is possible if its acctually the radio's product number! It could be 447 or 477 or 777

if only..........scanning the areaPosted Image

Yo gang.

Now we get better, and better pic of the little thing every day.

But how tall, and wide is it.

In these two last pictures, don´t look to have the same size and shape... even its still the same picture?.

Here you go:

Taller.

Posted Image

More square a like.

Posted Image

I guess its just either the angle of the pic, or how it was cut and blow up?.

The MH/SB radio looks more like the first pic, in size and shape.

Posted Image

By the way, this is my # 3000 post :peace: .

Posted Image

Rolf, my pick was just a screen dump off youtube so don't look at the size there... The pics from shagger999uk on the RPF would be a screen cap from the DVD so more accurate...

cut and paste from the RPF by "Coz"

I blew up, squared off and straightened the grab Shagger provided:

Posted Image

Close up of the label - looks like a white on green sticker?

Posted Image

Can't make out the oval logo, but that could be 247, or 447?