Movie Accurate Radio for the Pack....

TK8034

This is so great! I can't wait to see more. The John and Art team is decimating all our most frustrating Sandtrooper mysteries! :lol:

How about Lewis gun greeblies next? :D

It will be cool if the sci-fire team, made a extra kit there fit to modify there weapons.

Aka MG34 to DLT-19, Lewis gun to T-21.

Cheers.

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This is so great! I can't wait to see more. The John and Art team is decimating all our most frustrating Sandtrooper mysteries! :lol:

How about Lewis gun greeblies next? :D

When the radio is in place, what next.

The boxes, or go for making a full back pack for sale.

Cheers :) .

your absolutly welcome to use my pictures while discussing stuff like this, eric! ;)

yes, there are definatly 4 ridges, at least at the lower "speaker" section. the upper section only has 3 ridges.

i modified my fibreglass radio box from TK459 by adding another layer of plastic cutted to the right shape...

that´s what the box looked like after a first testpainting...

Posted Image

and those were my modifications done in a slightly sloppy way to get the "used" look:

Posted Image

while the fibreglass is quite heavy it´s still a lot more crisp and IMO easier to modify than a vacformed radio box.

i´m not that much into trooping so it´s my first choice.

Love the side clip on the side of the radio box, is that a found/seen on the ANH packs item :) .

this isn´t a found item as far as i know but i assume those were strap holders to carry just the radio box in it´s original state.

at least i think that would make perfect sence as long as we believe this was some kind of a radio box.

here are a few reference pictures showing this item:

Posted Image

Posted Image

yeaah Rocko,add a thread about all your pack! :D .................................................... :mellow: please?

i already started a thread showing of my backpack, unfortunatly i never updated this thread.

CLICK HERE

but you´re right, i think i will have to post some progress pictures within the next few days.

It could be,and use scrap part from it and other radios like THESE ONES,and form a new one

Like this,its a siemens's early transistors

Posted ImagePosted Image

i dont know how big it was though

Or THIS ONE its an american product unfortunately and not close 'bout other details,but looking at the 'style',it must be a trend at that time B) ........check out the year....CIRCA 1955,a perfect time for someone/anybody to ditch this type of radio to the junkyard at 1970's :D

Im still searching THIS SITE too right now

JUST FOR FUN :D

did somebody on the RPF ever mentioned or discussed about this radio? :mellow: :mellow:

I was thinking the same thing. I've been looking before and even more when this thread started. That's why we see some of the radios different.

To me it looks like a combination of a Field Radio with a Transistor 8-track player.

But the search will continue.

Arturo

I don't know though... If all the radio's show the the strap attachments on the side, then surely it is an actual radio? Or is it a standard box with a made up/vac'd face plate...?

Seen here (just) is the actual attach on the radio

Posted Image

also...

Posted Image

Seen here is Rocko's attach...

Posted Image

I don't know though... If all the radio's show the the strap attachments on the side, then surely it is an actual radio? Or is it a standard box with a made up/vac'd face plate...?

I thought most had the attachments, but one didn't

Well, I hate to be the voice of dissent (although I usually am) but my belief is that these are indeed real radios. These were whipped up at the last minute and many of the parts appear to be originals. Looking at the detail of the radio, someone would be hard pressed to convince me that they took the time to recreate those radios with that kind of detail. The one radio that does appear to be a vacced copy stands out and is very obvious. It has NONE of the detailing we see on the other packs.