Movie Accurate Radio for the Pack....

TK8034

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

These are certainly real radios. I saw one on the 1977 British TV series "The New Avengers", season 2 episode "Obsession". The bad guy was listening to it as he was about to launch a missile into the heart of London to kill a foriegn diplomat.

These are certainly real radios. I saw one on the 1977 British TV series "The New Avengers", season 2 episode "Obsession". The bad guy was listening to it as he was about to launch a missile into the heart of London to kill a foriegn diplomat.

Jason

Any chance you can get a screen grab of it, it could help in tracking it down :)

and maybe a few more of Diana Rigg in a leather cat suit would help as well Hubba-Hubba :D

Sorry, just notice you said '77, that would be Dame Joanna in a designer boiler suit :D

Jason

Any chance you can get a screen grab of it, it could help in tracking it down :)

and maybe a few more of Diana Rigg in a leather cat suit would help as well Hubba-Hubba :D

Sorry, just notice you said '77, that would be Dame Joanna in a designer boiler suit :D

I just had a look on youtube, but the 6 minute clip starts about 2 minutes after the actual scene. I saw the show about 4 weeks ago on TV and nearly crapped myself when I saw it :lol:

I just had a look on youtube, but the 6 minute clip starts about 2 minutes after the actual scene. I saw the show about 4 weeks ago on TV and nearly crapped myself when I saw it :lol:

Wha!? Wow, what a lead! Thanks TK-J! I'm off to look myself now. Do you know the episode number of "Obsession"?

Wow, that's some really great detective work! Since The Avengers was a British show, and the prop makers for Star Wars were also from Britain, it would make sense they would accidentally use the same radio!

Posted Image

Charlie

So who is gonna reproduce them :rolleyes:B)

Again, great work..great work :salute:

I stumbled across these myself, they have the same speaker plate and type of dial but I can't seem to find the manufacturer..I am assuming that the bigger brother of these is the type we need the name of...

Posted Image

Who is Brian Clemens and Dave Rogers? :blink:HERE on top of the page :unsure: maybe they know something,if we can contact them

412,if you may :D ......read the credit title,maybe there are something useful..........fingers crossed..and toes

Sorry, I just have to post again... This is just freakin' AWESOME! This is what a prop community is all about! This prop has been a mystery from the first day I got into props. So many people have claimed to know this or that but nothing has ever panned out! And now... thanks to one of this board's members catching it on TV and being willing to share that info, we now have better pics than we ever got from Star Wars! Here is what I want to see... When it is IDed... what will the first one that pops up go for?

ohhhhhhh myyyyyy gooooooood!

i can´t believe that we actually found this radio!

a big HOORAY to TK-J! your name will be remembered for sure!

ok,ok, now i have to sit back and just keep breathing... in... out... in... out...

Sorry, I just have to post again... This is just freakin' AWESOME! This is what a prop community is all about! This prop has been a mystery from the first day I got into props. So many people have claimed to know this or that but nothing has ever panned out! And now... thanks to one of this board's members catching it on TV and being willing to share that info, we now have better pics than we ever got from Star Wars! Here is what I want to see... When it is IDed... what will the first one that pops up go for?

The collecting community must hate us... We break apart vintage calculators for Boba, and now Vintage radios for our packs... :D

I was up 'till midnight last night to see if I could find one but no luck.... yet...