brush weathering

Pappy

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 year later...

Hey guys!! The sambal continued :lol:

I'm re-doing my whole weathering,soooo my armor is still a clean and grumpy looking armor now :lol:

but I started on the helmet,it's more lighter,but still with brush but with slightly different color(my last paint is hardened because of time......so :D )

what do you guys think? Should I darkened the color?(not the way it weathered just the color)

Posted Image

pardon me about the pics,i will updated it if I can take pics during the day

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys!! Im done with the weathering! FINALLY!! WOOOHHOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

In the end i used rough cloth for most surfaces,brush for hard to reach spots and "character" marks and cotton buds to soften if the paint's too thick

What do you think? too much? :D

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

I almost looked like GZ!! :lol::lol:Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Thats sure one NICE!!! Sandy Erik, love the weathering job.

A big congrats from here bro, your looking good!!! ;)

The the best sandy on planet earth, wearing sandals at the same time :lol:

(its a AP right)

Thank you brothers!!! :lol: I'm nervous,i thought its too much

I dont know why,but most people here wore this kind of boots,so i just follow suit,but,it proved to be sandproof boots! anti sand-stuck-inside boots therefore you can feel the sweetness and tender of the sand itself.

Just dont go to wet areas................do we ever go to...wet situation? :lol::P

Hey Rolf! yes its an AP,but,well long story short i need replacement for my bicep(the left one is broken) and chestplate(cracked on the neck slope),so i asked TM,as usual,he's always helpful :) (thank you so much sir),then i asked for forearms-biceps-chestplate instead. I managed to repair the AP chestplate(but the crack's still there) so i kept my still shiny TM chestplate if AP's become unrepairable on a troop

Oh,i dont know why,my helmet kept facing left :lol:

Roger that my sandy sandal brother, now we need you to be deployed asap :)

Once again very nice suit, hope you have a back pack ready too for the deployment.

Cheers bro ;)

WOW Eric, that´s awesome!

i understand you felt like it is too much but after all we know that´s almost exactly like it was on screen!

You did a outstanding work with that new weathering technique and i think it might set a new standard!

:duim:

Posted Image

Oh no...you got the TD flip flops to go with the armor as well..

You rock broertje!!! :lol:

But seriously, you've done a great weathering job and I like your T-21 too!!

Woohaaaa!! :lol:

Wwaauuuuuwww!!! Thanks a lot lot!!! Wooohhoooooooo!!!!

I'll do the best I can! :peace:

grote broer! I'm at this point finally! Yeppa Yeppa!!

Just want to recap :P

My 2nd attempt . still using brush,cloth combined

Posted Image

My 3rd . still using brush,cloth combined

Posted Image

My 4th,after some time and after the accident involving my bicep and chestplate i finally can move my suit to a more proper place

Posted Image

,and make a new mix of paints because my old one is hardened :huh: as you can see its not too good . still using brush,cloth combined

Posted Image

So i decided to remove all of it........and he's getting grumpy :lol:

Posted Image

I use this opportunity to work on the rest of helmet details

My 5th attempt,i reduce the use of my brush and use cloth more often,i think most of people would like this kind of approach on the density

Posted Image

However i used soft car wax to make the paint easier to work with and end with this result,which is could be dangerous for the plastic,and,so....

He's grumpy again :P:lol:Posted Image

My last attempt,i decided to add more of the black so it would be darker,work it slowly part per part because if its taking too long the paint would be hard to work the pattern,and then im a happy trooper again :D

Posted Imageumm...not yet? :huh:

still need to work again on few areas,maybe more :D

I know where you started from and to see this result is simply smashing broertje!!!

Especially with the technique that you have used, this is an A+ result!!!

hmmppff...better get me a pair of those accurate flipflops.. :lol:

Hehehe with gudang garam! :lol: Thanks a lot grote broer!

Oh I will,and then we'll troop on beaches :peace:

Copy that and with a few packs of gudang garam( indonesian cigarettes) in our pouches :rolleyes:

• 3 weeks later...

You want me to send it with the rest of your package grote broer? :P Its locked and load

Hey guys,im doing the 'splotches' details now

here's the basic/background before it was added anything

Posted Image

I'm using slightly different tools now,small brush,and cotton cloth

adding a little paint on the tip of the brush

Posted Image

If there's anything wrong with too much paint on the brush like this

Posted Image

I just wipe bit by bit with the cotton cloth,but not all of it,i think it adds 'character' too lol :P

Posted Image

Other way that i put the paint is by 'spreading' the brush like this,but i make sure that the paint is not to much by testing it on paper

Posted Image

And by 'tapping' the tip of the brush straight up,i used these 'methods' randomly all over my armor

Posted Image

Here's example of the result :unsure:

Posted Image Posted Image

What do you guys think? :unsure: anyways is good to be dirty :lol:B)

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Hey there, I also think you did a great job assembling the armor and your weathering looks really great, it seems as if you would have used the same technique as in the movies. Perhaps I would just rub some paint at the spots off where the dirt would have come naturally off, perhaps there where parts touch themselves... You know what I mean :D

But if I'm the only one thinking so my advice won't help you much :D:D

Good work trooper!

Thanks bro! :lol: doing my best!

i'm thinking about that too,like the chestplate,the background weathering looks too much(??) than any other parts,also my outer part of my left thigh. still looking a way to rub some without messing with the 'patterns'

Thanks bro! :lol: doing my best!

i'm thinking about that too,like the chestplate,the background weathering looks too much(??) than any other parts,also my outer part of my left thigh. still looking a way to rub some without messing with the 'patterns'

Yeah, that's what i was thinking about. Especially the Breast. You just have to think where the dirt could get off. Its often the highest part of the armor, you know what I mean? For example the plastic stips of the arms would be cleaner than the arm itself cause its at the highest point, that means it could come in contact with something that's why it should be a cleaner part. or just think about the edges.

Just use a towel and rub it slightly off and if its to dry use a small amount of alcohol or sth... ;)

But nevertheless your whole armor looks really really great and I love your weathering skills. ;)