brush weathering

Pappy

Heres what i do to my armor

I always admired this picture from celebration japan posted here on the MEPD

Posted Image

1st i mixed 2 enamel color(theres none that i can see it will fit), mixed composition approx. black 30 and earth tone brown 70,here's how it turned out after leaving it overnight

pardon me about the hair :D long hair is hard to dealt with

Posted Image

im using 2 brush,1 for the paint,and the other for silicone oil to 'spread' the paint,i just use the chamois for several spots(note a black color on kidney)

Posted Image

this is how it turned out(the color looks quite lighter because of the flash)

Posted ImagePosted Image

Sorry...i dont know anything about camera :P

Posted ImagePosted Image

im still improving on it after my big bro dutchy gave back my balls :lol: i think the color i use is lighter than the C Japan picture

IMO this is not it of what they used on the movie but it gives the impression out of it.....we still dont know it yyyeetttt <_< :lol::vader1::closedeyes:

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I told you already bro'...But I will gladly do it again..

You did one **** of a job creating that look and even more that you applied it like they did on screen....with a big *** ol' brush :D

You got my vote for a great looking weathering brah...A+!!( for me that is ;) )

You got a good creative eye Pappy.

You have catch the weathering, in the pictures very good.

Looks good whit the brush.

I normal, use cloth and foam.

Maybe i try to add, some whit a brush next time too.

Thanks for the look bro :) .

It looks very good! Seems like you have managed not to get many brush-strokes visible, that is a good thing! That is the reason i think most people tend to use cloth/sponges or even plastic bags to apply the paint, that way you do not get those "paint patterns" or brush strokes. You might want to experiment with some different methods if you are going to weather some more stuff!

Hey nico,thanks a lot :lol:

i had make the kitchen area like a dumpster last night,i've tried and putted different methods from both worlds

i applied a darker color too this time

first i applied the lighter brown like above,damp and wipe it with tissue to make the 'rust'(i dont know the name :P ) wait until it dries out a little bit,i forgot how long,because i had to do other work while doing it(or whilst? :P:huh: ),then apply the 'wet ground' like color,its darker,so i make sure the silicone is always near me to make it not look like a poo :lol:

wish i can provide pictures along with it :( but i had such a little time

hope somebody can do it better than me next time

You might want to wipe some off on the legs, as they differ perhaps a bit too much from the other pieces in that last shot? What you maybe want to do, if you want the effect that the feet are extra dirty, is make it fade from not so weathered at the top of the legs (same as the other armor pieces) to more weathered at the bottom.

Thanks to you Art!! :):lol:

If theres any body do the weathering with a brush,come on in,would be very nice to see how you guys do this....and anyway,this is not my weathering thread either,but its a brush weathering thread :lol:

On mine,i just using the CB pics as reff,not to make a copy of it

heres what i just did nico :) tried to fixed it more,but my eyes cant :blink:

Posted Image

now its my time for a nap,good morning everyone :lol:

small note: the weathering seems to hold better than usual,theres been an accident today,my father spilled out a bucket full of soapie water on mijn armor,a lots of it :angry: but fortunately nothings happen with my father he just slipped the bucket from his hands :mellow:

dont know about the epoxys but the paint is hold B) though im not fully suggest this type of paint as i havent knew the impact for the armor...yet....hopefully no side effect :mellow: