Reproduction MP-40 Pouch Sets

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah. There's actually another frame somewhere that shows the entire snap. Regardless, we used autocad to determine the position of the snap, the size of the snap and the rivets as well as the position of the rivets. At this point, these pouches will be as exact as we can make them.

That's absolutely not true!!! Art is half to blame for this pouch....

Sorry we didn't get the "last" prototype done tonight. I got tied up with a bunch of BS work stuff!!! Work always getting in the way....jeez.

Thanks again Art. We're ready to start on the pauldrons as well.

Okay. The first post has been changed to a run list. I talked with Lee tonight. After he made both pouches for the set. He doesn't think he can do them for less than $145 per set of two pouches. There is too much work involved. After switching to the manual rivets and hand dying to get the proper dark brown/black look, it just adds too much to make them for less. For this first run, he will be doing 10 sets of pouches only. The final asking price will be $145 +shipping. He will need payment to do the run to order the leather, solid brass posts and rivets. Payment will be due by Tuesday Dec. 23rd in order to have the run complete by New Year.

Please post if you are interested in the run.

Thanks much.

John

Final Sandtrooper Pouches:

Note: The production pouches will be made with a slightly thinner leather to make them more movie accurate. As well, the rivets will be black.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

This is the back of the hip pouch. The dying has not been sealed in this picture.

Posted Image

I'm going to have to wait until run #2 then / after the holidays. :(

Please tell me there will be a 2nd run in or around Jan - Feb!

They look fantastic btw!!!!

I love the "Imperial Outfitters" stamp on the back.

So cool!

I'm not sure it's wise with the spousal unit, but I'm going to have to ask to be added. These are too phenomenal in detail to pass up, and are far better than what I'm using now. I think it's good for the hip pouches to have the straps already on.

For the shoulder pouch I'm all in agreement for having a simple, easy, and clear way of mounting this. I think most are settling on having this mounted directly to the left shoulder either by looping to the chest plate tab or using snaps as you describe. Personally I don't want to alter my chest plate.

I've read through all five pages and concur that this is the closest I think we've gotten to date. The attention to detail and the amount of effort put in to these is staggering.

Yeah. I shouldn't be buying these from him either but since I did the autocad work I have to. LOL. It's a moral imperative. Lee is a good dude. He's working on his TD so he can join the 501st. You'll see an accurate pauldron coming from Lee soon too. Should be a really good thread. Art has agreed to help on that one as well. Art is a really good dude if you guys don't know him. That's a really down to earth guy. Looking forward to seeing him and his woman at Comic Con '09.

... Lee is a good dude. He's working on his TD so he can join the 501st. You'll see an accurate pauldron coming from Lee soon too. Should be a really good thread. Art has agreed to help on that one as well. Art is a really good dude if you guys don't know him. That's a really down to earth guy.

Well, I will be waiting on that pauldron as well! Very exciting!!

I'll be watching for that thread too!

What a great time to be starting a TD!

If I had my TD armor I'd be getting these NOW!

Man... I am sooo torn.

No... must... wait... :blink:

Sounds pretty cool, about the pauldrons.

As you know i used the 70`Thorsten Hallman, + a few ANH ref pictures when i made my run here on MEPD some time back.

I can´t wait to see, your version of them asap.

Cheers :) .

Sounds pretty cool, about the pauldrons.

As you know i used the 70`Thorsten Hallman, + a few ANH ref pictures when i made my run here on MEPD some time back.

I can´t wait to see, your version of them asap.

Cheers :) .

Your pauldrons look incredible and if you were still doing runs, we probably wouldn't be bothering with making one ourselves! We will definitely be taking a similar approach as we have two original mototcross chest protectors, and will be starting with those for a pattern. Should be a challenging project. Hope it turns out as well as this one!

BTW, just to make a comment on the price... the Stolla Weins generally (not always) go between $75 and $100 each, IF you can even find them, and they aren't even the correct model, so for me, this price seems more than fair considering these are the most accurate pouches we are likely to ever see (much more accurate than the Stolla Weins) unless we suddenly get some stunning new photos or Lucas pulls the originals out of a box and puts them on display at an exhibit... but even then, I just don't know how much more could be changed. I think John and Lee have really nailed it and haven't spared any expense for the sake of accuracy. Nor at any time did they say "this is all we will do" in terms of making the prototypes. They just redid them again and again until they reached perfection based on the current reference we have available. These are an amazing product at an amazing price!

... so for me, this price seems more than fair considering these are the most accurate pouches we are likely to ever see (much more accurate than the Stolla Weins)

... These are an amazing product at an amazing price!

Totally agree! The price is OUTSTANDING!!!

I can't wait to get some!

I am Very Impressed! Looks like i will have to upgrade my trooper again. :o

I know I'm replying to every reply... but... :)

This is what I'm determined to do with my TD... make it the very best I can from the start. And these are certainly going to be a part of that process!

I know I'm replying to every reply... but... :)

This is what I'm determined to do with my TD... make it the very best I can from the start. And these are certainly going to be a part of that process!

LOL - yeah it's an obsession no?

I think with this addition I'll be finally set. TE2 armor, MH/SB pack, HF weapons, Seth & Rolf pauldrons - I think all I need aside from pouches is adding a RomFX to my helmet. Nah, who am I fooling? I'd love to get a new HF MG-15 too...