Reproduction MP-40 Pouch Sets

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello. I am new here, but I have been building a sandtrooper for the last couple of months. I was reading through this thread and I just wanted to chime in on the rivets thing. There was a reasonable assumption made in this thread that the rivets in the back of the Set-used stolla pouches made a strong case for a studio made prop rather than off the shelf WWII item. That is not necessarily so I am afraid. Near the end of the war a lot of the war time production processes were changed to make things quicker and more efficient. I know specifically that prior to 1942 all Kar98k ammo pouches were sewn, but depending on the manufacturer, after that you start seeing them being riveted together, and they are much smaller leather pouches than the Stollas. I do not have much knowledge of the production of the Stolla, but the point is, just because you are seeing rivets means little about the origin of the piece unfortunately. Towards the end of the war, things were just being hacked and thrown together any way possible.

Just my two cents. I have a closet full of WWII items.

The pouch sets will begin shipping tomorrow.

There will be a second run but Lee will be offering them at a much higher price. He really took it in the shorts on this run. LOL. It happens....

2 weeks, since they got ship out.

Hope to see them soon, are there more then one buyer from CA there have receive them.

The shipping progress from CA to Denmark, normal take longer then other places on earth (i don´t know why).

Troop on :) .