Reproduction MP-40 Pouch Sets

This is the run for replica movie accurate leather MP-40 style pouches carried by Sandtroopers. The price of this run is $145 +shipping per set. The run will commence on Tuesday December, 23rd. All payments must be made by then in order to get on the run. Lee will be doing only 12 sets for this first run. Please read the full thread to see the progress and how we ended up at this design. Please post or pm to be added to the run. Thanks very much guys.

1. Jango 5204 (hip/shoulder) PAID

2. TD-252 (hip/hip/shoulder) PAID

3. pappy1182 (hip/hip/shoulder) PAID

4. Bountyone (hip/shoulder) PAID

5. TK8034 (hip/shoulder) PAID

6. Slavefive (hip/shoulder) PAID

7. BraksBuddy (hip/shoulder) PAID

8. Daetrin (hip/shoulder) PAID

9. Ph1|2007 (hip/hip/shoulder?) PAID

10. Billhag (hip/shoulder) PAID

11. TD1009 (hip/shoulder) PAID

12. Nice-Biscuit (hip/shoulder) PAID

13. none

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

for the standard 3 pouchs,i think it had a slight differences with the 'normal' wien stollas......look at the height..it looks taller because they seems to cutted the magazine cover to a more 'round' shape,and of course make the cover shorter too

Posted Image

my 2 credits

We can do that. I'll make those changes before we do the run. We based these on the Norweigen pouches but I can definately alther the pouch cad file before we do this. I'm just mainly interested in whether anyone would be interested in the pouches. As you know, the leather is expensive. It prices out at about $185 for 14 square feet. This isn't 14 square feet of usuable leather either. In the good leather, it may cost about $45 in materials for each pouch set.

Thanks very much. Alterations will be made to the pattern to reflect this set of pouches found on Art's site. For all intents and purposes, it is the same pouch but the flaps come to a point. The pouches in the frame capture above, look like they have rounded pouch flaps. Which are more correct? Anyone know?

Posted Image

Personally I like the leather...

http://www.looksirdroids.com/images/replic...or/Armor_01.jpg

I think that's what people "think" they are even if they weren't on all of them.

However, getting some that look more like above would be cool.

But... again... for me... the ones you're showing are very good!

Just my humble opinion. We'll wait for some others to chime in as well... :)

Well, personally....I don't care which ones. I like the leather ones but hey...it's not me making these. I've created a poll above to see what is needed. We will have to shop out the hardware required to do this. The canvas shouldn't be a problem. If there are markings on the pouches, ie. logos stamped in the leather or anything, we will emulate that as well.

If we end up doing the Stolla Wien pouch sets, we will stamp them leather with the Stolla Wien in the proper placement. The hardware will be matched as closely as possible.

The Norwegian MP38/40 pouches really aren´t that hard to find, and if you´re lucky, you can get them at about $30 - $40 USD a pair (one with 3 pouches, one with the extra tool pouch). You can also find fairly decent repro canvas Schmeisser pouches at around the same price on the ´Bay, and quite regularly.

A set of Stolla Wien, however, are much harder to come by, and if you can find a vintage set, they are really expensive. Those, along with the small squarish pouches that the squad leader with the T-21 (and others) is wearing, seems to be the hardest ones to find. But I guess the Stolla Wien are more iconic, and therefor would be more popular. That´s why I´ll cast my vote for these.

A third alternative could be a leather version of the Schmeisser pouches...Did the experts really ever decide whether or not these were actually made from canvas?

Okay. So can I safely say that most would prefer to have the pouch sets made in the Stolla Wien configuration? The flaps would be pointed although, we could make them round if you prefer.

Here's what I think should be done.... Since i dont' really see any evidence to show that there were MP40 pouches made with round flaps, I assume that the Lucasfilm people made them that way from a set of Stolla Wien pouches. Therefore, I feel that the Stolla Wien pouches should be replicated including the "STOLLA WIEN" stamp. We will try to duplicate the hardware as closely as possible within reason. The stitching will be duplicated as well as the leather. We will match the Stolla Wien pattern. The pouches will be formed around blocks to ensure the blocky accuracy. The run will inlcude both pouches.

What say you? If we decide to do this run, we will need a decent sign up list of 15 people and deposits to cover the materials (leather, brass buttons, grommets, d-rings. etc.)

We will produce one set first to the best of our ability before we give a firm price +shipping.

Sure. It will take us time to collect hardware samples as well as shop the leather. We will also need to make new patterns that match the Stolla Wien pouches. I will have to take one apart to do that. I just order $100 worth of hardware to start the process. I should see that on Thursday.

On the left, is the real Norwegian ammo pouch. On the right is our prototype that was patterned after it's sister pouch. We did not have the grommets for the bottom or the proper sized brass posts.

Posted Image

This brown pouch is also a Norwegian MP40 pouch. Notice the difference in the flaps.

Posted Image

Posted Image

This is the type of pouch that we will be copying. (This picutre is linked to www.looksirdroids.com)

Posted Image

Sweet!!! :D .

I can´t wait to see them.

The wien stolla are very rare, and expensive.

I payed about 100$ for my first one, and 50$ on my second.

I found both of them on ebay, after a search of 3 years.

Here you see my collection, so far.

Cheers :) .

Posted Image

Sweet!!! :D .

I can´t wait to see them.

The wien stolla are very rare, and expensive.

I payed about 100$ for my first one, and 50$ on my second.

I found both of them on ebay, after a search of 3 years.

Here you see my collection, so far.

Cheers :) .

Posted Image

I always love seeing the pouch collection. :peace: It looks smaller these days.

Thanks very much. Alterations will be made to the pattern to reflect this set of pouches found on Art's site. For all intents and purposes, it is the same pouch but the flaps come to a point. The pouches in the frame capture above, look like they have rounded pouch flaps. Which are more correct? Anyone know?

Posted Image

Definitely interested in this style pouch! B) I'm ready! :D