Crazy dad!!!

Guest TK-2416

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks too cool bro.

I can´t wait to see it, in real life.

He´s Jawa costume, you made for him was nice as well.

So now, he have two suits to troop in.

If he gets tired of the Jawa, i might buy it from you to my son.

But he will first see the world in may, so i guess there will go a few years from now.

Cheers bro :) .

Guest TK-2416

thanks guys!!

Rolf, He probably wants to return to Jawa at some point, when he discovers that trooping clone is like wearing a can :D But I will be more than happy to help you out on a Jawa!

thanks guys!!

Rolf, He probably wants to return to Jawa at some point, when he discovers that trooping clone is like wearing a can :D But I will be more than happy to help you out on a Jawa!

Thanks bro, but i guess my son will first need it in about 6 years from now.

I guess your son, will be too tall for it any way around there :D.

Guest TK-2416

I really hope so :D But to be honest I hope it will take some time before he outgrows his clone armor.. I think all in all it will have taken me 35 hours when finished :blink: But great fun - and my fear was around 50-60 hours.. :)

Guest TK-2416

Clone armor weathered and bucket painted Rex (missing the RF and the 4 tube stripes on each side below the ears).. The TD will be rivited to the belt today and my mother will make the Kama... Then he is ready for duty!!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Guest TK-2416

Thanks guys for the feedback!! He is one proud kid - and I am also satisfied with the result as is..

Now just missing minor details: Bucket (lens/visor, Rangefinder and weathering) and the Kama.. Then he is all set.. Man it went fast!! My first estimate said around january/february...

As goes for the weathering I have tried to nail down the CW style - I have used the woodland scenics stone gray - Same way as the TD weathering.. Took me less than 1 hour to weather it - of course it is also 1/3 of an adult or so!

His big idol:

Posted Image

Guest TK-2416

thanks guys!!

He is a bit skinny so he is spot on :D I have finished the bucket and the Kama is also ready! I will have him suited up tomorrow for a 'complete and ready to combat Captain Rex' pics!

Guest TK-2416

Here are some pics of the bucket - CW weathering (more cartoon like)..

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I hope to have some pics tomorrow of the complete mini Captain Rex!

.... the Kama is p*ssing me of right now :evil:

First of all, why arent all dads like you??? <_< And second. **** nice work, that bucket looks so much like rex in the cartoon. It even looks cartoonish from the back, I thought it was a comparison pic. :blink:

May the new year bring more dadys like you to children all over the world, and once again super great work.

Happy new year :D

Guest TK-2416

Hi guys!!

Thanks for all the great feedback! I hope to see more crazy dady's around in the new year!

Rex complete - and ready for action!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

First trooping this coming Sunday!