Crazy dad!!!

Guest TK-2416

Guest TK-2416

Sorry guys... it is me again...

I have ordered a clone armor for my son William, later his sister Mathilde and then Selma.. ;)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I know, I know..... but couldnt help it... wanted to give him a new costume and couldnt get myself to buy a Halloween costume.. I want the same high standard for him.. crazy... crazy dad...

I will make it either Rex or 212th.. We are currently working on a small clone army in Nordic Garrison, so I may make a small clone, a Nordic Garrison Mascot!

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest TK-2416

...dude that is totally awesome :lol:

thanks bro!

then I will just have to wait for your kit - then it is farther and son time!! ha ha...

I have also promissed my daugther Mathilde (6 years old) a costume.. may go for the Ahsoka.. Just got the MR FX lightsaber Yoda

Here they are William and Mathilda in heavy lightsaber duel!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Ha ha love the picture bro.

I remember, how much i dream of being a storm trooper back then as a kid.

First now as a adult, i can make that dream come true.

I´m pretty sure, he will remember you for making he´s dream come true bro.

Respect to the cool dad´s, from here.

Can´t wait for our new mini clones, in our garrison to come.

Cheers bro :) .

Guest TK-2416

Thanks guys :lol:

Yep - William told me on the last troop that he would like to upgrade his Jawa, "dad, when you can have three armors in less than a year, then why cant I?".. ha ha.. I should have said: wait till you get older and buy yourself a great piece of armor! But instead I was thinking, cool a new project and this time together with my son.. ha ha... He wants the screen accuracy in the armor, he even uses that expression.. he is only 7 and already like his daddy.. a daddy's clone :D

I would of course have appreciated a mini td, but he is soo much in to the new movies and the Clone Wars.. I guess I have to accept it.. ha ha..

Looking forward meeting our Dutch mini td - perhaps in Germany for the Legoland troop in april??

I wish I had a dad like you, when I was a kid :D Looks to cool that clone armor. Where did you order that?

Those kids are lucky to have a father that can relate to "their" hobby...

I know they might not have had the Star Wars bug if you didn't but stil way to cool, kids playing with sabers, running around in screen acurate armors and having fun during.

This is the tru esense of Star Wars :D

Guest TK-2416

Thanks bro!!

Kidsclonearmor.com - a cool 501st guy!

The armor should get to Denmark by monday/tuesday next week - hopefully - then the armor party begins!! :D

I will have the clone project for my son and the Ahsoka for my daughter.. some fun for the xmas holidays! :lol:

Thanks bro!!

Kidsclonearmor.com - a cool 501st guy!

The armor should get to Denmark by monday/tuesday next week - hopefully - then the armor party begins!! :D

I will have the clone project for my son and the Ahsoka for my daughter.. some fun for the xmas holidays! :lol:

Way cool bro, can't wait to see your kids in costume, most of all your daugther as Ahsoka, cause I have a daughter to at 7 she is totaly in to the clone wars and sits in front of the tv every sunday morning. And she just loves Ahsoka.

Good luck with your projects.

Guest TK-2416

thanks!! We should have one more Ahsoka here in Denmark!

I dont think the Ahsoka costume is that hard to nail.. The headpiece is to be molded using some 'hens wire' and then some light clay.. boots and gauntlets from craft foam boards.. There is a cool guy over at 501stforums who made one for his daugther and it is 110%!

I will sure have some pics of my progress here :D

Guest TK-2416

Did a small modification of the Hasbro Clone bucket - dont know if it will fit my son.. Any way it gave me an idea of how bondo works.. still missing the rangefinder.

I gave the bucket some dirt.. Woodland scenics grey.. a bit like the TD but only using one color..

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I am also working on the Ahsoka for my daughter.. some pics to come hopefully during the weekend :)

The clone armor kit has landed in Denmark, so it should get here any day soon...

Guest TK-2416

The mini clone kit arrived today!! Fast! Simply awesome with good details!

Let the armor party begin.. no beers'n'chips.. but soda and popcorn ha ha...

Same process as std. adult clone.. Triming, fitting, sanding, bondo, sanding, primer, paint, weathering...

Posted Image

**** bro, looks f...... sweet :D .

Cool there are 2 face masks, can you then make a few versions... or (i´m no clone expert).

I can´t wait to see in real life, in a week or so (David is fast).

Guest TK-2416

**** bro, looks f...... sweet :D .

Cool there are 2 face masks, can you then make a few versions... or (i´m no clone expert).

I can´t wait to see in real life, in a week or so (David is fast).

Thanks bro!

We like speed here in Denmark B) Yep - it came with both EII and EIII helmet kits, so when he gets tired of Rex we can modify again - unless he by then is to big for the costume! Then it is handed over to his sister..

I am quite sure it will take some time, but since it is just about 1/3 or less of an adult it should be pretty straight forward.. Marked all the cut lines - only took me 45 minutes, so this is nothing compared to the TE2 assembly process.. If I am lucky I will have finished the cutting during the weekend. Then it is test fitting time for the little man :D

Guest TK-2416

Nice JOB on that Rex helmet man.... Can I ship my Hasbro one over to you for some of that art work? Amazing detail!!! :blink:B)

Thanks Dave!!

It was quite an easy fix compared to some of the other projects I have done lately.. Cut out a new front and then bondo time, sand, paint and weathering.. took around 4-5 hours or so.. I used it to getting some bondo knowledge for the clone project.. :D

That's a really nice mini clone kit!

How tall is your son?

Bondo is a body filler used for filling dents in car body panels. You can find it at any car accessory store though Bondo is just the trade name, it's essentially the same as most fillers available. It's good stuff that you mix with a hardener, dries fast and can be sanded smoooth easily.

Guest TK-2416

Thanks TM!

William is 130 cm which is around 4'3 or so.. He is a bit skinny (poor son - daddy buying plastic armor instead of food- ha ha) and I think the clone armor will be spot on! I will try to minimize the trimming so he will have a little room to grow (thats the worst thing making armors for the kids!)..

Would have loved to make a TD but he is much more in to the clones and since it is for him, well then he decides (however tried to convience him, but my mind trick didnt work!)..

:D

Thanks a lot TM,hows your kid's armor? :D cant wait to see a mini TD from you

2416,that kids clone armor is great,a full package,EpsII and EpsIII faceplate,thanks for the link

Hey Nemo,maybe the reason they dont look alike,is TK is not a clone,but a regular soldier :unsure: or maybe the empire just improving the armor to be better,or it came from a different maker? aaahhhhh i dont know anything about SW expanded universe :D