Backets for exhaust pipe/tube?

Wolfie

I am closing in on finally finishing up my backpack. Years of being here with out one and its in sight. (though I've probably gained 15 lbs and need to lose it to look good in the armor again LOL) I've even gotten a x-mas present for myself of a hyperfirm MG-34. so its within grasps. (though I've had a couple guns anyway)

I got a couple of pieces I need a little advice on. The rectangle with a tube coming out of it on the top right area of the pack, its held on with some weird looking little L bracket things. Do they have a specific name? I imagine I can get them from lowes or something but it would be very helpful to know what to call them when I go asking for them. Better that than being in there for two hours looking around :)

sorry, i really don´t know the exact name for this part, actually i even don´t know the name in german... :lol:

but maybe you could print out some pictures showing the part you´re looking for and show it to explain.

maybe these will help...

Posted Image

Posted Image

(thanks Mike for borrowing his pictures)

Mike updated his tutorial to show how the brackets are made from plastic triangles glued together.

You've got the base rectangle with two horizontal strips of plastic that stick out on either side. Glue the horizontal strips so they line up with the ribs on the seed tray. Cut 8 small plastic triangles.

Posted Image

Glue the housing onto the base:

Posted Image

Glue the triangles to the plastic strips and the housing. You need tiny fingers to get the triangles lined up just right! Use a Dremel sanding drum to even up the triangles. Drill a hole through each tab.

Posted Image

Good luck!

Charlie

I'm guessing here, but the brackets seem to be part of the original design. There is a much easier way to make them though. All you need is some square 'U' profile plastic which is available at B&Q in UK (or maybe Home Depot in US) and cut a square section off, then cut off the corners at a 45' angle and you have a nice copy of the brackets/tabs/lugs whatever you want to call them once you drill a mounting hole :D

I'm guessing here, but the brackets seem to be part of the original design. There is a much easier way to make them though. All you need is some square 'U' profile plastic which is available at B&Q in UK (or maybe Home Depot in US) and cut a square section off, then cut off the corners at a 45' angle and you have a nice copy of the brackets/tabs/lugs whatever you want to call them once you drill a mounting hole :D

duh! thats a great idea, i wasnt thinking about cutting something down to size.

Also, thanks to the person posting the tutorial pictures. I tried a search for various threads on the pipe but didnt know what to call it and nothing came up useful.

i'll go in search of some U plastic strips this week.