Thin Armor

Pappy

Hi all

Question here ///// I found out that on several spots on my armor are too thin(like thigh parts on the back),if there anyone ever had a same problem,what do you do?

I dont care about accuracy at this point,but to preserve my armor(nor bucket) while trooping,its hard to deliver things like an armor to my country,so i want to make it last forever i hope

Thank you very much for any help :)

Hi all

Question here ///// I found out that on several spots on my armor are too thin(like thigh parts on the back),if there anyone ever had a same problem,what do you do?

I dont care about accuracy at this point,but to preserve my armor(nor bucket) while trooping,its hard to deliver things like an armor to my country,so i want to make it last forever i hope

Thank you very much for any help :)

You have few options.

1/ Buy from somewhere replacement parts that are thicker

2/ Reinforce them with fiberglass

Thank you TomG :)

I'll go with reinforcing it. First I thaught fibreglass can't be applied on ABS

Why not, but you will have glue it, when it hardens. Because these material don´t bond together too much.

I had a few spots on mine that was thin, I just brought a sheet of abs from my local model shop, heated it up and bended to shape the abs to suit the inside of the armour and then plastic glue welded the parts together. Job done B)

Thanks guys,appreciate it.

Just asked my friend,well he's just guessing though,about silicone.

Right on....I'll followed what you guys suggested :duim:

I had the same problem with some parts of my armor... mine is HIPS (I think) not ABS, so I dont know what materials will or wont bond to ABS. What I wanted to warn you is about using hot glue or any other hot or corrosive substance. If the armor is too thin and you apply hot glue or corrosive substances like ABS cement, it could just melt down completely. It happened to me with my helmet.

Just be careful.

What I did, after melting a spot on my bucket, was just using more HIPS from the belt straps, heat it with a hair drier and then fit it on the parts I wanted to reinforeced... apply some glue and job done...

Hope it helps...

Saludos