PVC Piping

Bostontrooper

Is trooping generally low-impact enough for the plain-jane white PVC, or should you use the slightly more durable grey stuff? (Not really any more expensive, but depending on what else I'm doing I tend to have one or the other handy.)

For weight considerations, you might want to use schedule 90, (the thinner gauge, i think that's the name) if you can find it. Most hardware stores have schedule 40 (which is about twice as thick). More than likely your pack will weigh less than ten pounds, so it doesn't need a super-heavy frame.

Don't know exactly what problems you're having, but I've found that filling a pipe with sand helps keep it from kinking when you bend it. (Only works with moderately thick inner diameter pipes. Too skinny and its hard to get the sand out, to thick, and its hard to get the sand packed right.

If the angle's the problem, try making a jig. It can be as simple as 3 dowels screwed into a piece of plywood.