Jodhpur Boots

Hey there everyone,

I'm looking at buying these steel caped Jodhpur horse riding boots from fleebay and I was hoping you guys could chime in and let me know if these are pretty close to what I should be looking for. I know the little tabs at the back of the boots shouldn't be there, maybe I can cut them off.

Is the front of them too round, should they be more pointed and shaped like the CA boots?

If anyone can stear me to the type I need to get then please PM me or add it here.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Thanks dan

I haven't got these "tabs"in the back of my boots..but as your shinarmor covers a fair part of the boot they should be out of sight.

But you could also go for the non steel toe version, a lot of the troops have gotten those.

Just try a equestrian shop nearby and you might strike gold.. B)

Thanks for that, so are these pretty much the same style used in the movie?! I have sent off an email to see how much it will cost to have them sent to me here in Aus, fingers crossed it doesn't sting me too much.

Dan

Thanks for that, so are these pretty much the same style used in the movie?! I have sent off an email to see how much it will cost to have them sent to me here in Aus, fingers crossed it doesn't sting me too much.

Dan

Just as I mentioned before, the jodhpur's are mostly used in the horseback riding world..as you are from Aus, you'd probably can find them in a well sorted equestrian shop. It will save you the shipping costs B)

I got mine from a local shop as well, because the shipping to the netherlands was fairly high..and that was just across the pond :huh:

I'll start hitting google for any online stores here in Aus aswell as trying to find local sellers. I think if there are stores here that sell these, they will mark up the cost quite a bit to make up for shipping to them.

Either way, thank you all for your input and helping me identify the correct type (or closest match) of boot I should be looking for ;)

Dan

Google up Horseworld or Horseland Dan. There are shops everywhere and I'd say Melbourne will have it's fair share. They often have discounted riding boots. If you can't find one locally, lmk and I'll track down a pair from my local shop.

A friend on FISD just went to Oz for business and his first PM was that "jodhpurs are everywhere here!" So you should at least have an easier time than in the US. :)

Really :huh: ?? Man I must be typing in the wrongs words on my google search. TK-J thanks for the offer to assist in finding these.... I spent the last 10 min on google trying different wording for SHIRES WOODSTOCK JODHPUR BOOTS and came up with nothing in Aus. If you have any luck finding this style of boot then I would more than welcome a PM ;)

Regards dan

Having a wife who's into horses (as well as Star Wars) I have found out that searching for 'saddle seat' boots works out. I found these today:

Jodhpur Boots

Just googling around you should be able to find some suitable boots.

Get some White Meltonian Nu Life Shoe Spray and you'll have some nice authentic trooper boots.

Based off TD-252's referal of the SHIRES WOODSTOCK JODHPUR BOOTS

Posted Image

I can get them off the Bay for GBP 24.99 + GBP 19 for shipping which is about $66USD so I think I will go with these :)

Copy that.

Take them.

But not in brown ones, they used the black ones in ANH and shoe dye them white.

Here is a few shots, where you can see the heel is right.

Cheers :) .

Click on them, for full size.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Even though the original boots were black then painted white... would brown be easier and hold the white more than black boots?!

Thanks for the input troopermaster, I had a look for the boots you mentioned but they are quite a bit out of my price range at the moment :(

Maybe the brown will, but again.

There might be more red in the brown, and its the red there can go through the white.

(the boots looks great TM).

Cheers :) .

• 4 weeks later...