Length (stock closed/open) 481 / 686 mm

Barrel length 196 mm

UKweapons blogspot ver

Weight: 2.7 kg empty; 3.5 kg loaded

Length (stock closed/open): 481 / 686 mm

Barrel length: 198 mm

Wikipedia ver.

Weight, empty 2,72 kg(6 pounds)

Length (stock closed/open) 483(19") / 690 mm(27,2")

Barrel length 198 mm(7,8")

The L2A3 is the military version of the Mark 4 Sterling sub-machine gun. This gun is a modified variant of the L2A1. The weapon is constructed entirely of steel and plastic and has a folding butt which folds up underneath

Tubular receiver, which also serves as a barrel jacket at the front, contains a cylindrical bolt with fixed firing pin. Bolt body has several spiral grooves on its outside surface which collect the dust and fouling from inside the receiver, and thus greatly improve reliability of the gun under field conditions.

The receiver and the barrel heat shield was made from steel tube, the bolt was machined, with fixed firing pin and four special ribs, designed to gather and remove the dust and fouling from the receiver

Buttstock is made from stamped steel and folds down and below the receiver to save space. Standard sights include protected front blade and flip-up rear aperture sight, marked for 100 and 200 yards range, and also protected from sides by sturdy "ears".

Cool piccies mate :)

I'm was lucky enough to buy one not so long ago, I paid £270 for it which I didnt feel was too bad as its in pretty good complete condition and had 2 magazines and the sling.

There a lovely gun in the hand, fairly heavy for what it is though :huh:

Cool piccies mate :)

I'm was lucky enough to buy one not so long ago, I paid £270 for it which I didnt feel was too bad as its in pretty good complete condition and had 2 magazines and the sling.

There a lovely gun in the hand, fairly heavy for what it is though :huh:

:lol: keep it coming brothers :lol:

I'll try to gather any infos 'bout the real sterling as many as I can too on this thread. For consideration if anybody want to grab one,or scratch builders.

Looking at the weight,I bet it was heavy,but having one for e-11 convertion for props is always a treat :D

But I can't have one for sure :(

Aaaahh forget it,let's keep those infos coming :)

TOO COOL BROTHERS!!! THANKS!! :lol: :lol:

Cool pics Billhag,real ones always a treat indeed

TD-1549 i can see clear all the pictures bro!! And all the hard work you've done,EXCELLENT WORK!! okay....im all wet now :lol:

:D Bet it will help someone out there no matter who :D

Hey...got this not too long ago,hope its still available

STERLING FOR SALE - UK Region

UK-Region again :(

And whats THIS?

Posted Image

NO ITS NOT MINE.....you.....you.......................MOMMYYYY!!! "LET GO OF HIM!" :laser::dance: "ouw....aw.....aw.......ouch.!!!"

Sorry i borrow this STERLING TUTORIAL this is one of many valuable info,special thanks for the maker :salute:

I dont know if this GUNSMITH and GUN MANUFACTURERS Directory will help,MAYBE they're willing to make only the main body? :wub:

If anyone has a spare from a parts kit, or knows a source, I need the metal pin that the trigger pivots on. I have replaced the missing piece with a wooden dowel, which is OK, but I really want the original part.

ALSO, TD-1549, what are you using for your mag-well cylinders, they look amazing!

:D

Did the cylider wires go in the front side of the bracket like shown in the pics above and in the movies? Is there a clear pic anywhere of this. On my resin E11 I stuck the wires in the back end direct into the cyliders them selves.

Oh Confusion :huh:

Did the cylider wires go in the front side of the bracket like shown in the pics above and in the movies? Is there a clear pic anywhere of this. On my resin E11 I stuck the wires in the back end direct into the cyliders them selves.

Oh Confusion :huh:

Marcel

I don't think there is any 100% clear shots of the wires in location in the film. I think most

people go by the black and white photos on 'Parts Of Star Wars' or just go by what they

think looks right.

Here's some pickies mate :)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

:0Lighten: :0Lighten: thanks for the pics Bill!!

Tyranus,someone is doing a run of cylinders on the RPF,forgot where i putted the link,but its there! :) hope the man is still doing it

Your sterling manual..............aaaahh :D

• 2 weeks later...

I know that everyone wants a real sterling for E-11 replica,but is it possible to make it from scrath: barrel,body etc. But the problem is,what is the real one made of,I know for sure that it is not a regular steel,and definitely not an alluminium,if there's a real sterling owner wants to share,I would be very appreciate :D