Airsoft Sterling

Pappy

• 2 months later...

Plus, I actually get to use it to shoot those wonderful rebel/ tusken/ jawa etc. targets that have been cropping up of late! (No offense to any RLers or Denizens)

They come every now and then over on Classicairsoft.net. If you can find one that's not part of a package deal with a bunch of magazines, they're usually in the couple hundred dollar range. Certainly less than an MR! Plus it works! Haven't seen any for a little while, but if I do I'll post up.

Nice! B) oh btw,im only judging by the picture though,i think the body had several differences than the real sterling

what do you think from up close with that baby? :D

The ejection port is considerably smaller on the Airsoft version, and the body tube seems to be a bit smaller in circumference as well, at least as compared to my Hyperfirm ROTJ E-11, though that one IS cast off an MGC model Gun as opposed to a genuine Sterling. Other than that, the dimensions are pretty close. Here's me using it at a troop:

http://www.goldengategarrison.com/gallery2..._17731.jpg.html

The little tube you see sticking out of the back is a quick-release fitting in the gas tube, which is something you'll have to live with unless you want to really get into the guts and do some tinkering by adding a push-to-fit fitting or something like that. Though admittedly I don't know if that's possible, as I haven't taken mine down that far yet. You might be able to cut it shorter than I did, but I didn't want to screw it up so I left it a little longer. You also need to custom build a magazine unless, like me, you cut down one of your magazines. Cutting it down to the more or less proper length will cause the mag to no longer be usuable for shooting due to the internal construction of the mag. The inside of the magwell is contoured to fit the airsoft magazines, so a real mag will not work without considerable modification, if at all.

Also, I think the rear sight is somewhat smaller than a real one. The rear half of the body is plastic, and the front section, with the vents, is metal. The muzzle looks good, but as the body is slightly narrower, it strikes me as being on the small side, though as I mentioned, not very far off at all from the Hyperfirm I have.

The metal stock is nice, sturdy, locks in place... More just a neat feature to have than practical. After all, when was the last time you saw someone actually using the stock? The whole thing requires a repaint, as the stock, plastic rear portion, and metal front portion all have contrasting colors/finishes. Once everything matches though, it makes for a very nice, if somewhat hefty (compared to most trooping blasters I've seen) piece.

Other additions to mine: genuine scope, saberfreak T-track, homemade scope rail, Hyperfirm Hengstler.

Overall, I'd have to say if you've got one, or can get one, I wouldn't be afraid to troop with it. It's quite sturdy. Much more so than any resin ones I've seen, provided all your attachments (scope, track, counter, etc.) are secure! Only thing is, like the MR, it WILL be fairly hefty once you've got all your bits on it, so if holstered, it WILL drag on your belt, depending on how you have the belt attached, and be prepared for stiff arms after a long troop!

Cool!! So the extra length on the tube barrel end is meant for nothing?

The end cap can be replaced if you dare though,plus replace from gas mechanism to battery mechanism so you can replace it with a removable end cap for battery placement,if theres an empty space on the end they possibly used a mechanism from another gun,is it?

Its all have risk,but from your picture its almost unnoticed though and looked real nice B)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Plus, I actually get to use it to shoot those wonderful rebel/ tusken/ jawa etc. targets that have been cropping up of late! (No offense to any RLers or Denizens)

They come every now and then over on Classicairsoft.net. If you can find one that's not part of a package deal with a bunch of magazines, they're usually in the couple hundred dollar range. Certainly less than an MR! Plus it works! Haven't seen any for a little while, but if I do I'll post up.

Well, I have had one of these for quite some time, and have known a few airsoft players, and field

operators, but none has been able to get me info on how to get the darn thing to work.

will be visiting Classicairsoft.net to try and learn more,

but if you can, let us know where to get (what to get) to attach to the hose.

much thanks:-)

Ed

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Anyone know of any current sources for one of these?

I have the itch to get one, add the parts, and troop.....

There's one up for sale on classicairsoft.net right now. "615+ paypal fees shipped with all 14 mags, a full air rig, and the assault bandoleer"

http://www.classicairsoft.org/forum/viewto...=67&t=11521

Decent deal considering the number of mags. The package started out at $950. This is the spring-fed magazine version, rather than the air-fed mag version.