Installing lenses

NMMI89

Do y'all recommend using hot glue to install the flat green lenses? If you do, how do you keep your helment eye holes from melting. I'm getting ready to install them but I'm not sure which way to do it. i.e. hot glue, silicone, ca glue, etc.

Hot glue works great, but I've found that it is best to let the glue gun heat up just a little and then unplug it so it starts to cool back down, and then use it. I've never melted anything that way.

Another way is to hold a cold wet washcloth behind where you are gluing. Shouldn't have melting problems, but I still wouldn't let the glue gun stay plugged in just in case.

i hot glued mine and what i did was use a cool slightly wet towel so that it wouldn't do any damage.

Put the towel in the front of the lense holes where you are going install them on the outside and you should be good to go.

• 2 months later...

I just used industrial strength velcro on the two ends of the long lens strip, with the lens arcing forward. It makes it easier to take out and replace if needed. Never had a problem with it. Downside is you may have some gaps between the helmet and the lens, but isn't that screen-accurate? ;)

In the page below, you can see straight through from one eye to the other on the far-left TD.

Lens example