*SHOWOFF* Hyper-Firm Lewis Gun

Here's my Hyper-firm Lewis gun well on it's way to full conversion

I just finished painting it today & added the sling (not even fully cured yet)

I know, the DLT-19's don't have wood-grain

But it looks so pretty, I had to wood-grain it

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

and a big ol' pic

Posted ImagePosted Image

It still needs the ribbed tube & the greeblies, but it's on it's way.

waddya guys think?

Very nice Nathan! How secure do you think the sling is - is it functional?

Hmmm...

hadn't thought about functionality

It's wrapped around the barrel, so that side is very secure

The Buttstock side is a ring CA glued into the stock

it's only sunk in about an inch, maybe I'll try it out when I get home

I'm thinking it's not gonna hold though, so I'd say it's not functional

On a side note,

After looking at the pics, I think the receiver is over-weathered

It looks too silver (I painted it in low light)

I might have to redo that part

LMK what your opinions are

That looks great Nathan! What are you planning on using for the greeblies. I can't for the life of my figure out what else has been added in these pics:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I'm thinking of using bailing wire to hold the drain pipe on (just like the t-track on the mg-34) and perhaps a bent length of copper pipe for the detail in between the sling and drain pipe (as seen in photo 3). I'd love to hear what you guys think the unidentified parts are, as I'm at somewhat of a loss.

That looks great Nathan! What are you planning on using for the greeblies. I can't for the life of my figure out what else has been added in these pics:

I'm thinking of using bailing wire to hold the drain pipe on (just like the t-track on the mg-34) and perhaps a bent length of copper pipe for the detail in between the sling and drain pipe (as seen in photo 3). I'd love to hear what you guys think the unidentified parts are, as I'm at somewhat of a loss.

I was looking at the pics...

Is that coiled wire in the back?

I think the pipe goes under corrugated section (my pic shows it straight, but it's curved)

It looks like all one piece with the tips sticking out under the end near the receiver

waddya guys think?

Posted ImagePosted Image

I think you're right about the coiled black wire at the end of the corrugated drain pipe. It might even be the same coiled wire that's seen on the Sterlings. I'm also seeing an unusual wire in the Garindan photo. Tell me what you think about this:

Posted Image

I think you're right about the coiled black wire at the end of the corrugated drain pipe. It might even be the same coiled wire that's seen on the Sterlings. I'm also seeing an unusual wire in the Garindan photo. Tell me what you think about this:

Posted Image

I too saw that wire on the Garindan pic.

however, I don't think it's how you have it.

I think the metal bracket that goes under the Corrugated tube has 3 bars along the length and the wire attaches to the middle one.

see this clearer pic

Posted Image

and the colorized one to show what I'm thinking

Posted Image

As I sat staring at these same several photos over and over again, I had an epiphany. Tell me what you guys think. Take a look at this image, I've played with the levels to try and bring out as much contrast as possible:

Posted Image

Then, tell me what you think about this small item perhaps being what we are staring at. It is a magazine loader for the mp38/40 pouches. It is what would have gone in the small half pouch (of the three + one pouches).

Posted Image

Posted Image

Good work bro´s, hope you two can crack the case.

I will love if i could add the tube, plus the rest around it accurate too on my T-21.

Keep the good work up.

Thanks for your time, and info so far :) .