MEPD only, mp3 loop!

skutch

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Skutch. Great job mixing the first batch I set ya.I am working on a second set of transmissions this week and will let you know how that goes. I have since done a one hour loop of Imperial music as well as music from all six films. These have been handy during parades and such as the crowds can hear it comming from almost half a block and get excited when you pass by. I am trying to figure out how to add the files here, but have yet to nail it.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Skutch. Great job mixing the first batch I set ya.I am working on a second set of transmissions this week and will let you know how that goes. I have since done a one hour loop of Imperial music as well as music from all six films. These have been handy during parades and such as the crowds can hear it comming from almost half a block and get excited when you pass by. I am trying to figure out how to add the files here, but have yet to nail it.

Thanks for posting. I couldn't remember who sent the files I started with. You were instrumental in getting this whole thing started. I looked through all my old emails and couldn't find our old messages. Maybe we'll do another version when my life slows down. :blink:

I'm glad people are using it.

OH MAN!!!!!!!!

This clinches it! I've GOT to get dirty!!! :D

This is so freakin' cool!!

TK-9963 here in the Dewback Ridge Squad has a Republic Commando and made a loop that he has playing (from the game) of the clone dude giving orders and radio "chatter"... it was the coolest thing about his suit the first time I saw it. It made it feel like we were "there" in that world with him.

Once I get my sandy armor together and am playing this I can picture every time a "call" comes through on the loop holding a finger up like, "wait a second...," when I'm talking to people and then saying, "Okay... sorry, just making sure it wasn't for me." :)

Great stuff man... thanks so much!

Oh... and it would SO NOT WORK for regular TKs... it's too "real". :P

I also love that there are things on here — like near the end — that "you" can reply to. Like where it says, "Be on the lookout for 2 droids..." It gives me a chance to say, "TK-8541... copy that..."

FUN!

• 1 month later...

I got mine all hooked up using a little Radio Shack speaker spray painted black and it works like a charm. I'm actually going to finally use this at ComicConNY in two weeks. I can't wait.

I wish I had a radio with an actual speaker in it. That's the future goal. I'd be more than willing to buy one if someone does a run of radios with a compartment inside.

Im not sure if many of you have thought of this, but ive tried it and it works brilliantly.

Have you ever thought about a set of computer speakers?

usually pretty cheap, readily available......whats in there? a decently powerful amp, and probably a pair of nice 3w speakers :D

the ones i tore apart ran on a 9.4v power pack, so a 9v battery does the trick no problem.

picked up a $15 mp3 player yesterday, and im giddy as a schoolgirl at how this clip sounds.

Hope you dont mind me using it, im not 501st yet, but my armor is dirty and im just waiting for my canvas belt :)

also, was there any news on more/longer clips of this type? seriously im hooked, this stuff is pure unadulterated atmosphere in a bottle.

i need MOAR!

You can delete your post I think.

Anyway, I'm planning on adding to the loop myself so there's a part that says, "TD-8541 what's your location?" Then a pause. Then, "Copy that... are you able to check on a disturbance about 3 clicks from where you are?" Then I'll have another voice break in and say, "Command, this is TD-3321... I'm actually just 1 click away from that location, I'll be glad to swing by." Then command will say, "Copy that TD-3321. TD-8541 resume your patrol." To which I will get to say, "copy that."

No matter what I'm doing, talking to fans or whatever, when that part of the loop plays I'll go along with it as if I'm really talking to someone. :)

I can't wait!

So, what generated the sound effects, beeps, scratches, pops? Or is it just recording yourself through that nice voice changer? – I can't remember the name. However you did it, it is cool.

I hope it was OK to use.

Let me know.

As for making it last a whie, I just took it into Quicktime Pro, copied it and pasted it 5 times, and made it loop for one hour.

Go here to see my radio...

http://gallery.me.com/john.sale/100189

I would love to figure out how to add some stuff to it, or make one for special after hours "troops"... for the ladies ;) You know... "Is it hot in here, or are all the troops here having armor malfunctions? Oh yeah. I am feeling hot!" or "TD-1817, check out that one, at your 12 o'clock... niiiice. Hmmm, Oh Yeah. (like Bill Lumberg). Umm, can you nod if she heard that. - then the nodding during the uncomfortable pause - Ooops. I will check back with you later. Out." <-- then, you can apologize as a conversation starter.

Most girls will not know the radio is a fake... they will think it is real! :lol:

White commando, your pack looks awesome.

What I do, is just put the track on repeat instead of making a longer loop that takes up more space on my player. Just an idea.

White commando, your pack looks awesome.

What I do, is just put the track on repeat instead of making a longer loop that takes up more space on my player. Just an idea.

Ditto on your pack looking awesome and on putting the track on repeat... though I've yet to use the track.

If you have a Mac you can use Garage Band and edit the loop.

Just remember to keep the standards of the Legion in things you add.

If you don't have a Mac you should. B)

• 5 months later...

How could I have missed this!?? Just downloaded and set it up in my MP3 player and it ROCKS!!! Thanks a mil, skutch!

I've done a couple of my own radio chatter loops but this is way better! Can't wait to use it at this weekend's event! :)

How could I have missed this!?? Just downloaded and set it up in my MP3 player and it ROCKS!!! Thanks a mil, skutch!

I've done a couple of my own radio chatter loops but this is way better! Can't wait to use it at this weekend's event! :)

I had this in my ammo pouch on the hip at the county fair and it was great!