MEPD only, mp3 loop!

skutch

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah, as soon as you want to make the Garage Band (hoping that's what you used) files available so that we can add in our own TD #s and such that will be great! B)

Also, I was thinking just last night how cool it would be to have a "button box" on your belt that played this loop, but then also had available to press "button #2" and hear "Base here... go ahead..." And then "button #3" would play a simple, "Copy that." So that you could have made-up improve conversations with "base" while you're trooping.

Great stuff!

I'm almost ready to use this!!!

• 1 month later...

Since people are digging this so much, maybe I'll make another file specifically for TK's, since this one sort of revolves around Tatooine.

Thanks for the encouragement. For the empire,

Skutch.

I was hoping you would make more Sandtrooper ones Skutch....lol.....but yes I really dig it.

Thanks again,

J

Since people are digging this so much, maybe I'll make another file specifically for TK's, since this one sort of revolves around Tatooine.

Thanks for the encouragement. For the empire,

Skutch.

this is great would you mind telling what program was used to make this loop i want to add my own stuff to the loop and make it sound the same but this is great it gives you time to respond to dispatch and all

this is great would you mind telling what program was used to make this loop i want to add my own stuff to the loop and make it sound the same but this is great it gives you time to respond to dispatch and all

Goldwave

Mine troops with me in the cup above the bee-sting and it rocks... bought a £15 mp3 player with built in speaker and loop the track, the empty 'bottom of the milk jug' creates accoustic effects that add to the volume too.

Nick

Our squad is going to have one person broadcast the MP3 over FRS. Then any trooper that wants in on the fun only needs to have and FRS radio in a pouch or under the chest plate. Plus this way we all stay in sync when we stand near each other ... should really sell the illusion that it's real.

Our squad is going to have one person broadcast the MP3 over FRS. Then any trooper that wants in on the fun only needs to have and FRS radio in a pouch or under the chest plate. Plus this way we all stay in sync when we stand near each other ... should really sell the illusion that it's real.

Now THAT is intense! What brand are you guys using?

Skutch, in the next mp3 you should add some sandtrooper conversation (the two troopers investigating Kenobi's handy work maybe) from the cantina with the band playing in the back ground. Fans will be able to pick up on it quick.

J

• 4 weeks later...

I trooped with mine twice last weekend. I just play it off my iPhone 3Gs and have that clipped to the inside top of my ab plate. Works great!

My favorite thing is when people "realize" it. Like someone is having a picture made with you and a call comes through. They look back at you like you've all of a sudden become "real" or something. Like, "Wait... I thought this was a dude in a really cool costume... but what the h3ll was THAT?!" B)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hey guys,

I made this Radio static loop for members of the MEPD if they want to use it. It is basically a 15 minute loops of static and "cops" type communications. Another Legion member sent me some of the basic voice overs and I changed pitches, added bursts, and did all sorts of various editing. I added a bunch of dialogue too sort of following the storyline a bit. Many hours went into this and I'd rather it be for us only if possible. In other words, I don't want to see a bunch of clean Heavy Weapons troopers blasting this out of their Newton amp. :rolleyes: No big deal though.

I bought one of the white radio shack speakers and spray painted it black. It is fastened onto my backpack near the radio. I then have a cable running to my mp3 player which will play this soundscape looped.

There are a couple of shout outs to various troopers whose websites helped me along the way of building my armor. That's an official thank you for the help.

LINK HAS BEEN MOVED TO TD ONLY SECTION.

http://forum.mepd.net/index.php?showtopic=5867

It's just good cheesy fun which adds to the realism. Enjoy!

I can't get access to this section? any help...

• 1 month later...