Mini-Brakpack

Art Andrews

Since the subject of Mirax came up in another thread and I don't think I posted this yet, I thought I would show the backpack I made for her. Because she is so small I had to scale everything down but I am fairly satisfied with the overall look of the pack which was loosely based on the Davin pack.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Even though this is a poor camera-phone pic, it gives you a good idea of the size difference betweem Mirax's pack and a regular pack. That is TK409 on the left.

Posted Image

Where are you guys finding all of those **** tupperware lids?! My mom had that pitcher when I was growing up, but appearently chucked it years ago. Local foraging has left me empty-handed.

I also found mine at a local thrift store.

• 2 weeks later...

I was just wondering what containers you used and did you make the frame or did you use a rucksack frame?Was that also a car filter? that has to be the coolest thing i have seen so far!!!i am looking for idea's for my first pack any help you could give would be graet.I really like your pack!!good job!!

Rob...

Hey there. The main boxes are modified rectangular Tupperware containers. The radio is a real vintage radio. The frame is one of the boyscout packs but due to Mirax's dimeniative size, I chopped the pack frame all up, cut out large sections and then reassembled it so it would fit her. The filter is actually a cut down filter from an upright vaccum cleaner. The box on the upper left is a tupperware sandwich box. On the real pack a tupperware container was used as well and tape was put over the tupperware name and logo just as I have done but it was a larger container as the overall pack was larger.

The container on the lower right is a section of cardboard tubing that I epoxied a sheet of plastic around. Think that is pretty much it except for the details.

Chris looks HUGE next to her. And I am bigger then him. You shoulda seen me standing next to little Mirax at a so-cal prop party we had.

The MDK pack is between the two. i have one of TK409's packs sitting around here somewhere. i don't think the MDK would look to bad on Mirax.

• 2 weeks later...