Star Wars - A New Hope - Revisite Ultimate FanEdit

Dutch Dirty Trooper

They have left the building !!

Sorry again for the delay my bro's ! But had have a busy time at home and work !

Last thurstday we wen't for a echo as my wife is pregnant ( 5 months now) and our second wonder will be.. tam..tam...A SANDTROOPER :td: !!!

As far they now have seen all things are ok and looking good ^_^ ! Our daughter Ti'ana is already feeling really proud :) !

Again so sorry for the hold up bro's and i hope when they arrived you have fun with it !

Grtz RAY

Hey that's great! Another 4 months and another trooper is here! No biggie big brother,family is no 1,that's the main reason we take on patrol on the 1st place,to make sure they're save :lol: and serve them with crispy crops every morning

Thanks again bratha'!! :D

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just want to offer to help out with copies. I have been offering copies to my Garrison since the release. I can make the DVD9 version for anyone that wants one. It really is worth seeing, it's a great compromise on the Special Edition, Original and all new content.

$4 - just to cover shipping, packing and the media, the film is of course, free!

I have enough DVD sleeves for 10 copies.

Just want to offer to help out with copies. I have been offering copies to my Garrison since the release. I can make the DVD9 version for anyone that wants one. It really is worth seeing, it's a great compromise on the Special Edition, Original and all new content.

$4 - just to cover shipping, packing and the media, the film is of course, free!

I have enough DVD sleeves for 10 copies.

Awesome bro and indeed this is really the best ANH version i've seen B) ! Thanks for ya backup :duim: !

Grtz RAY

Everybody - Just PM me an address and when I run out of this supply of sleeves, I'll get some more sleeves. I've got 7 in line already.

It's a pleasure to be able to help people see this great version of Star Wars. It'll never replace the original theatrical release but it certainly outclasses the Special Edition. :)

And not only is it a great version of the film but there's also an option for a text commentary detailing exactly how it's been changed. Some examples from one scene:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

These screen grabs are from the DVD5 version, I'm sending out the DVD9 version that is sharper quality. I also have PAL or NTSC for the overseas members.

They have left the building !!

Sorry again for the delay my bro's ! But had have a busy time at home and work !

Last thurstday we wen't for a echo as my wife is pregnant ( 5 months now) and our second wonder will be.. tam..tam...A SANDTROOPER :td: !!!

As far they now have seen all things are ok and looking good ^_^ ! Our daughter Ti'ana is already feeling really proud :) !

Again so sorry for the hold up bro's and i hope when they arrived you have fun with it !

Grtz RAY

First of all, congratulations Ray with the little boy. As you know Dira is pregnant as well and we're also expecting a little boy. He will be born on March 12th but we both think it'll be born earlier.

But about the DVD. Still haven't received it. That's kinda weird because we live only about 40 km apart. Do you have the correct address? Let me know.

Just a quick note that I have a small collection of various fan creations of the films, many of you might have these already but please feel free to pm me about other titles that may be of interest. I'll get to work building a catalog with screen caps.

Everyone that has gotten a DVD from me, can you check the second layer is working? I had someone discover they couldn't play the second layer so the film stopped at the 1h :03min mark. If anyone else has that problem as well I will replace the DVDs with single layer versions immediately.

Thanks!

WHOA!!! I got mine last night and watched it immediately. SO AMAZING! THanks Luke!! You rule.

SPOILERS AHEAD SPOILERS AHEAD. HIGHLIGHT TO READ.

I definitely agree that this is leagues better than the Special Editions. It's funny looking back at the things that weren't changed for the special editions, but easily should have been. I loved the way this version fixed all the jump cuts. Everything is just so smoothed out now. The space battles are way more intense now. More ROTJ-like. I was glad to see the Jabba scene removed. I wish the Biggs scene had been removed too. I personally don't think the scene works without the deleted scene at the beginning of the film (which didn't work either). :lol: Everything done to Mos Eisley was dead on perfect. I like the way it was tamed back down a bit from what the Special Edition added. It was just too much.

Unfortunately, my favorite shot from the film was removed. The shot of Tarkin right before the Death Star explodes. :(

Some of the editing at Ben's house was a little shocking. I was surprised to see the shots removed after Ben and Luke watch the Leia hologram. I think the pause afterward was perfect and now the scene loses it's impact. Anyway, that is small potatoes in the grand scheme of things. This edit is amazing and nothing less.