Pottery Barn Kids STAR WARS Promotional Event

TK-1755

Costa Mesa, CA - MEPD Officer Wellington Eng and fellow 501st Legion and Rebel Legion members entertained more than 600 visitors at the Pottery Barn Kids' STAR WARS promotional event on September 13, 2008. LFL had requested that we support the launch of the Pottery Barn Kids SW line of products. In agreement with LFL, Pottery Barn Kids will be making a charity donation to St Judes Children's Hospital on behalf of the entire legion.

There was a special visit before the event started by a family whose mother is not supposed to live past the holidays. Officer Eng provided a special Hasbro Battle Pack (below) to her two boys on behalf of the 501st.

Posted Image

After the event we had the unique opportunity to lunch with 501st LCO Mark Fordham (below, third from the right) and his two sons who had travelled from Utah to man the Manhattan Beach, CA PBK SW event.

Posted Image

(Special thanks to MEPD's GenericFoster, who at the last minute, supplied me with a voice amp for this event after I had fried my old one. :duim: )

Good work!

We had two Pottery Barn requests in MD. I unfortunately couldn't make either of them.

Awh, man! THe kids woulda loved to see your TD!!! (next time . . .)

We actually had six PBK events in So Cal alone! :wacko:

But I lucked out as they started allowing TDs to attend since so many of our TKs were at Legoland Day 1.

If anyone elso did a PBK event, please post about it here! :rolleyes:

Looks like you trooped with RBJ he is one of the best vaders in the legion! I also went as vader this time around. I had a chest armor slip *for some reason no one told me during the event" I modded my boots again before the event with out thinking about how bad it would effect my cape lol But here are my horrible pictures.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

:duim: THanks for posting the pics Chazz!!

LOL we just can't get it right 100% of the time bro! Just like the other day, I forgot my voiceamp and then the time for that I forgot by backpack! :6:

Yeah, Jay has a great Vader, but he says he wants to start working on another one sooon. His voice was excellent with the car stereo speakers on his back.

And it looks like you got swamped with autographs too!! Both Jay and another Vader said it made their neck sore!

Looks like you trooped with RBJ he is one of the best vaders in the legion! I also went as vader this time around. I had a chest armor slip *for some reason no one told me during the event" I modded my boots again before the event with out thinking about how bad it would effect my cape lol But here are my horrible pictures.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

:duim: THanks for posting the pics Chazz!!

LOL we just can't get it right 100% of the time bro! Just like the other day, I forgot my voiceamp and then the time for that I forgot by backpack! :6:

Yeah, Jay has a great Vader, but he says he wants to start working on another one sooon. His voice was excellent with the car stereo speakers on his back.

And it looks like you got swamped with autographs too!! Both Jay and another Vader said it made their neck sore!

I'd love to get a Vortex V2! but i don't troop much as vader so it wouldn't be worth it. And a little trick i learned as vader dont use your whole head to look down. Look threw the mouth vent at the bottom ;)

I would have thought this thread would have way more pictures from troopers?