Collectormania(glasgow)/bobath Cycle Run(balloch).

What a weekend that was!

Not often you get to do three troops in one weekend and certainly not in Scotland.

First off the bat was the Collectormania event held in Glasgow on the 23rd and 24th of August.

And what an event it was.Started off pretty quiet on both days with a few early birds attending the show but once the crowds started it was manic to say the least.Top marks to the spotters for the weekend 'cause those three where having **** trying to keep track of us all.It got so busy on the Sunday we later found out the spotters wanted us out of there as they could'nt get to us it was so busy.But!All worked out in the end and a great time was had by all.

Have truly never had so many people wanting their pictures taken-we all must have had a crowd of at least 50 people each clamoring to have their pics taken.

Have decided that when I die I want to die in the arms of Marina Sirtis then I'll be one happy bunny(hubba!hubba!).

Big draw on the Collectormania front was Peter on his first outing on home soil as Vader and he took it like a pro.

The two stealth troopers got a good crowd around them too which they milked for all it was worth.But all of us got a brilliant reception from the crowds.

We where stunned to be told that we had free rein of the Braehead Shopping Centre so off we went in various groups to bring joy to the masses much to the annoyance of the security guards' and we took every opportunity to wind them up to get them back for being jobsworthy ****heads the week before at the Pre-Collectormania event. :mad:

I think a few shoppers will need therapy after trying to get their shopping done only to turn around at the till to find a load of troopers glaring at them. :engel:

Was well chuffed to be recognised as a Sandtrooper and not "The Rusty One" although I did hear "He needs hosed down" a few times. <_< <_< But!I really need to get those helmet fans sorted out once and for all as the **** things kept packing in! :(:(

The Collectormania event is still in it's infancy in Scotland but going by how well it went at the weekend it's only a matter of time before it really takes off.

Even got to meet some other costuming groups and the Colonial Marine guys where a scream.Even got my Sandie lid in one of their home made videos so keep an eye out on YouTube for it's moment of glory.

Three of us had a half day Saturday as we where asked to attend another event on the Saturday afternoon for a Scottish Childrens Cystic Fibrosis Charity(BOBATH).So!off we went and I think we had more fun there than we did at Collectormania in the morning.Made a nice wee change for me to troop in my home town of Balloch and even my mum made an appearance to see what I get up to at these things(the pic with the lady in pink and the Sandie if you're wondering!!).Classic moment of this troop was the two stealthys' getting two Spanish lads on their knees-making sure they were'nt allowed to move and then walking off with their arms around their partners! :D Those two guys had'nt a clue what to do and you just had to see the looks on their faces when they realised what was going on! :D:D

Anyhoo!On with the show!The first three pics are from the BOBATH event and the rest are from both days at Collectormania!

Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted Image

She got my vote too!!! B)

But pfew...3 troops...but you had fun and did it all for the good cause.

And what they said about needed to be hosed down, they told me last weekend that I'd better should visit the local carwarsh :blink:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...