Passport / Pwd Sync Issues

Daetrin

Well, the login itself works fine, on all the detachment sites I´ve tried so far, but my, um, logged in status doesn´t carry over to the FISD, BS.net or CT.net...I do need to log in to each of the different sites. But then, I don´t know if the login it´s supposed to carry over. Is it? What a wonderful world that would be!

I have here a bit technical question. When I registered here, I noticed, that are you use email as login name. Why not.

Then you are using Invision Power Board, probably same as FISD and CTN. Problem is when I tried register on FISD I can´t use my email registered here. Then I needed use my second mail and on CTN I have same problem again. It says during registering process, that my email is used even if there isn´t created account with this email. I don´t think it is good idea have for every forum new email.

I can understand that are you trying put together these sites and forums for one login as email. But I don´t think it is working.

As I understand these websites have shared user database based on same login email. Then if you have account with email on one from them, you can´t make new account with same email on another, because these websites share this information.

I see where is problem. When you have account on one from sites MEPD, CTN, FISD. You don´t need make new login to these new sites with new email. Only try login with used email and password on first website. It should ask you for screen name and firstname to confirm you.

Yup, that's the theory. And then when you want to change your password it should be done via Passport, not the individual site.

I've pinged Greg & Chris - let's see what they say.

• 5 weeks later...

Hello, it seems my old account or display name is still stored from the old forums.

Could you please delete the existing madphisto account and change my current (this)

account with the display name madphisto?

In the same time you could also grant me permission as 501st member :)

My ID is 7076

Would be awesome :)

Alright, let see if you can follow me :D . When I was originally signed up of this forum I didn't get that all the forums (FISD, MEPD, Clonetrooper) were all tied together via passport (even when I was prompted by this site that my email was already in use). So, I use another email to sign up for this forum. Well now with my :D massive intellect :D I've figured this passport thing out and sign in with the proper email (the one tied to my 501st). So, could you delete my account tied to the email: burnigmattresscomics@gmail.com and sn: tk-1643? Also, change my SN on this account to "themadguitarist" (correcting my spelling error) AND finally grant me 501st status on this account? Sorry for the huge mix up! And thanks for the help!!

Dunno if you guys have done something new, but suddenly the automatic log-in is working for me. Excellent! My logged in status still doesn´t carry over to FISD though...But then I´m still not sure it´s supposed to do that.

EDIT: Now my logged-in status carries over to FISD as well! Woohoo!