Could This Be It?

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Ok, here are the three pics.

It does look much better and is dead on I think.

Great find, and much easier to fit on the gun as well.

Hey also these things on Sportsmans Guide are original WWII slings, not reproductions. They are used though. Which even adds to the product.

I can get them for $9.00 plus minimal shipping.

If anyone would want some who cant get them let me know. I will help you out.

Jay

That looks brilliant!

It looks to me like the end around the muzzle should maybe be wrapped the other way around, if you see what I mean. Other than that, it looks just perfect!

Got my slings yesterday, but I need to find a way to affix a sling swivel to the stock. I´ve got a HF T-21, which has what I think is the ´stem´ for a sling swivel attachment on the stock, but not the swivel itself. Now I gotta figure out how to fasten a D-ring to that ´stem´, without messing it up, or having the sling putting too much pressure on the HF ´stem´, so it´ll break off.

TD-252, didn´t you figure out a way to do this? You wouldn´t happen to have a close up picture of how you did it, would you? You did try to explain it to me once, but I don´t think I really got it...

That looks brilliant!

It looks to me like the end around the muzzle should maybe be wrapped the other way around, if you see what I mean. Other than that, it looks just perfect!

Got my slings yesterday, but I need to find a way to affix a sling swivel to the stock. I´ve got a HF T-21, which has what I think is the ´stem´ for a sling swivel attachment on the stock, but not the swivel itself. Now I gotta figure out how to fasten a D-ring to that ´stem´, without messing it up, or having the sling putting too much pressure on the HF ´stem´, so it´ll break off.

TD-252, didn´t you figure out a way to do this? You wouldn´t happen to have a close up picture of how you did it, would you? You did try to explain it to me once, but I don´t think I really got it...

Hey,

I take it maybe you dont have access to Regular gun swivels? If you find you need one that just screws the mount in and then has a detachable swivel, let me know. I have an extra.

Jay

Also I see in the pics, what you say about the front strap. Thanks, I have just changed it.

• 1 month later...

Hey,

I take it maybe you dont have access to Regular gun swivels? If you find you need one that just screws the mount in and then has a detachable swivel, let me know. I have an extra.

Jay

Don´t know how I managed to miss your last post, but anyway...The real problem is, I got a Hyperfirm Lewis Gun, and I don´t really know how to fasten the swivel to the stock without damaging anything. I don´t know if the rubber is sturdy enough to hold a screw, or if it would just sort of work it´s way out, taking a good chunk of the Hyperfirm stuff with it.

Still, I actually haven´t managed to find a swivel big enough for the Enfield sling, so if you still have one for sale, I´d love to buy it!

Don´t know how I managed to miss your last post, but anyway...The real problem is, I got a Hyperfirm Lewis Gun, and I don´t really know how to fasten the swivel to the stock without damaging anything. I don´t know if the rubber is sturdy enough to hold a screw, or if it would just sort of work it´s way out, taking a good chunk of the Hyperfirm stuff with it.

Still, I actually haven´t managed to find a swivel big enough for the Enfield sling, so if you still have one for sale, I´d love to buy it!

PM sent, its yours

Here you go.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I did not like to screw, a screw into my sweet beloved HF T-21 either.

So i was thinking... what to do.

I just cut out a black piece of plastic, square like.

Paint it black metal gun like, and silver weathering it (just to be a real nut).

In the same measurement, as the dot/spot where to add it.

The real stock metal screw are square like, in the end where the strap goes through.

So i just buy, a metal square like item.

Paint it black metal too.

Put the Enfield sling throught it.

Then put the square like plastic, through the metal square like ring.

And glue it on the HF stock dot.

Now the sling sits there.

Whit a metal square ring add to it.

And i did not hurt the weapon either.

I just got this one picture, right now.

Just say, if you need a close up.

And i take a new one.

Hope you can use the way to add it too bro.

Once again, so many thanks for finding the slings for us.

Give the weapon, a much more real effect look to it.

Cheers :)

PM sent, its yours

Thank you so much Jay, PM replied to!

Rolf, I´d love a close up of the stock, showing how you fastened the swivel. I think I understand now how you did it, but still, a picture is worth a thousand words and all that...

Paint it black metal gun like, and silver weathering it (just to be a real nut).

...Hahaha! A real nut indeed! :lol:

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 11 months later...

Thanks for the detective work!

I just ordered a couple of enfield slings myself to try it out.

But I am not totally convinced...why should the prop dept use other slings, when some of the Lewis´ already had slings attached?

Check the following pic...couldn´t it be that they just put the "loop" at the front around the barrel and call it a day?

Just an idea...

b6c264b9.jpg

Markus

• 2 months later...

Thats a good point... In the first pictures you can see that there are different colors seen. Maybe they used both, The original lewis sling and the enfield sling cause they lost one or something like that... Also, a lot of movie prop making was in England and thats why they used enfield stuff...

Still, very good find!!!!