Re-did My Weathering...

dutchy

Thanks bro...but that box was already in house before my TB did. But as i said in a other topic before: I am glad which hand is right or left :lol::D ! I am not a hero using my dremmel on the AP though. I really am scared i will mess it up...yup i know...***** trooper ha...LOL :lol: ! After tomorrow i will have vacation the next 4 weeks so i can take my time and get the guts to go nuts :D !

Fingers cross bro's B) ! PS i really like your amor so much and you did a awesome job on the weathering :blink: !! Oh yeah...about the TB i also wanna have those grey sitting parts between the legs and those on the butt of my flight suite. Do you know what kind of stuff that is ? Dark or light grey suede ?!

Grtz RAY

Guest TK-2416

Thanks bro :) I am sure you will do a great job there!! Absolutely :D

The TB.. According to bikerscout.net it is black suede.. Ladyghost has made some prints so it should be quite easy to do it B) I just got my wesco racing suit today together with the cummerbund... (my son asked me.. Why are you wearing diapers? :lol: ) and I have ordered some black suede from the local tailor... Still no hard armor - but there are some delivery time.. All the soft parts are here except for the gloves from SithArmor.. I am sure they will get here soon...

Haha...that's correct bro...believe me we gonna hear that alot of times : '' why are you wearing diapers <_< :angry: '' !! As goes for Sandies : '' Hey...you have to go to the carwash <_< '' !

Ok thanks for the info bro..i will go look for black suede ! Do you also have info about the correct size the suede parts must be ?! I have this picture :

Posted Image

Are you also go for the vest ?!

Thanks bro.

Grtz RAY

Guest TK-2416

Yep - also got the vest from a nice german lady.. she is fast!!!

Here are some links regarding the pattern:

http://forum.bikerscout.net/index.php?auto...si&img=1144

http://forum.bikerscout.net/index.php?auto...si&img=1143

First I will make som white paper pieces/forms before cutting the suede and then ask the experts on BSN if they are placed and sized correctly.. I would really like to go Lancer with my TB... BSN is the place to be for the TB guys... B)

You won't believe it...i just found a box with some AP plastic inside of it.... :D:lol: ! Now that the TB is done i really wanna focus myself on the AP. One day...and finally VACATION !!

Grtz RAY

Guess who is gonna help....again :lol:B)

Ooooh..that sounds good Sand OverLord. :duim:

The parts from TM are really cool, actually the whole TM armour is cool.

I may assume that you will share your results in the form of a few pictures on the boards then when you are finshed.

dutchy, you've assumed correctly and I will indeed post a new thread in the Imperial Issued Armor section of the forums to share with everyone the pictorial results of my converted FX-TK Armor to a MEPD Deployable set of TD Armor. B) I've used the Correct TD Abdomen Armor Plate and the 3 Button Strip Plate casted in HIPS by TrooperMaster. Also I've added White Plastic Side Plates to close up the gaps on the Left & Right sides since my Front and Back Abdomen Pieces don't meet. <_< Yeah due to my waist size that fluctuates between 35" to 36". :P

In addition these, I've used off-white canvas shoulder straps and Belt as well filling up the rivet holes on my FX Armor. But wait till you see THE ANH STUNT Helmet that I've upgraded to from my FX bucket. ;);)

The part about the Fullers Earth sounds really good too. I myself used 4 colours to from the woodland kit to get this result.You'll need to do some experimenting as well to get the desired result my man..I know I did :D

Hope to see those pictures soon!! :)

You used 4 colors from Woodland Scenics? I'll be using the basic three - Raw Umber, Yellow Ochre and Burnt Umber recommended in http://www.looksirdroids.com/replica_dirty_tutorial.htm Which is the 4th color that you've used? :unsure:

I'll be going for the heavily weathered look from the "Look Sir, Droids!" scene, and I expect to spend some time getting the look right. Looking at your pictures, I can see that you've weathered your armor to match the "Move along, move along" scene look.

I'll post the pictures of my weathered ANH STUNT Helmet and converted FX Armor in a thread in this Weathering section of the forums, when they are done. :)

I'm targetting to debut as the Sandtrooper Squad Officer in an upcoming charity event planned for October 2008.

dutchy, you've assumed correctly and I will indeed post a new thread in the Imperial Issued Armor section of the forums to share with everyone the pictorial results of my converted FX-TK Armor to a MEPD Deployable set of TD Armor. B) I've used the Correct TD Abdomen Armor Plate and the 3 Button Strip Plate casted in HIPS by TrooperMaster. Also I've added White Plastic Side Plates to close up the gaps on the Left & Right sides since my Front and Back Abdomen Pieces don't meet. <_< Yeah due to my waist size that fluctuates between 35" to 36". :P

In addition these, I've used off-white canvas shoulder straps and Belt as well filling up the rivet holes on my FX Armor. But wait till you see THE ANH STUNT Helmet that I've upgraded to from my FX bucket. ;);)

You used 4 colors from Woodland Scenics? I'll be using the basic three - Raw Umber, Yellow Ochre and Burnt Umber recommended in http://www.looksirdroids.com/replica_dirty_tutorial.htm Which is the 4th color that you've used? :unsure:

I'll be going for the heavily weathered look from the "Look Sir, Droids!" scene, and I expect to spend some time getting the look right. Looking at your pictures, I can see that you've weathered your armor to match the "Move along, move along" scene look.

I'll post the pictures of my weathered ANH STUNT Helmet and converted FX Armor in a thread in this Weathering section of the forums, when they are done. :)

I'm targetting to debut as the Sandtrooper Squad Officer in an upcoming charity event planned for October 2008.

Peter, I used the slate grey to start with and then wiped it all off. So in the small area's there will be minute scratch like marks and then the Ocher and to finish both the Umbers. I had to fiddle a lot to get the right look, but you know it for yourself when you have found it. My son and my girlfriend asked me at a certain moment if it was real sand that I have used, that was the sign for me that I got the look. But still it is personal how you want your armor to look.

I tried to give my armor the move along look, but my bucket is weathered completely different. This is where the personal touch comes into play. I find it a compliment that you noticed a slight resemblance with the move along weathering.

I can't wait to see your modified stunt helmet and colour scheme on your armor.

And as an squad officer aka Captain you definately gotta have the bad *** look ;)

Justus

Peter, I used the slate grey to start with and then wiped it all off. So in the small area's there will be minute scratch like marks and then the Ocher and to finish both the Umbers. I had to fiddle a lot to get the right look, but you know it for yourself when you have found it. My son and my girlfriend asked me at a certain moment if it was real sand that I have used, that was the sign for me that I got the look. But still it is personal how you want your armor to look.

I tried to give my armor the move along look, but my bucket is weathered completely different. This is where the personal touch comes into play. I find it a compliment that you noticed a slight resemblance with the move along weathering.

I can't wait to see your modified stunt helmet and colour scheme on your armor.

And as an squad officer aka Captain you definately gotta have the bad *** look ;)

Justus

Bro all in good time and thanks for your sharing with me the 4th color from Woodland Scenics that you've used. :)

Bad @$$ look you bet bro, otherwise how will the local population abide with rule of Galactic Empire Law enforced by the MEPD? :td: Besides that it will be more dirt to play with after spending a year as a spanking CLEAN Snowtrooper Commander! :snowtrooper:

Bro all in good time and thanks for your sharing with me the 4th color from Woodland Scenics that you've used. :)

Bad @$$ look you bet bro, otherwise how will the local population abide with rule of Galactic Empire Law enforced by the MEPD? :td: Besides that it will be more dirt to play with after spending a year as a spanking CLEAN Snowtrooper Commander! :snowtrooper:

Bad @$$ look you bet bro, otherwise how will the local population abide with rule of Galactic Empire Law enforced by the MEPD? :td: .... :dance::peace:

You're more than welcome bro'..And isn't it great to be a TD :lol: Getting dirty and don't have to clean up afterwards :peace:

And getting dirty is what it's all about bro'. B)

You're more than welcome bro'..And isn't it great to be a TD :lol: Getting dirty and don't have to clean up afterwards :peace:

And getting dirty is what it's all about bro'. B)

You can say that again bro. No more polishing armor using Novus Armor Polish before each trooping which I've been doing right up to my last trooping on 16 August. Shhhh don't tell anyone that I didn't even polish my TK :trooper: armor as preparation in advance to being a TD. ;)

Looking forward to get started on this, right after I've launched a potential 501st Outpost member off her Snowtrooper costume project. :snowtrooper:

You can say that again bro. No more polishing armor using Novus Armor Polish before each trooping which I've been doing right up to my last trooping on 16 August. Shhhh don't tell anyone that I didn't even polish my TK :trooper: armor as preparation in advance to being a TD. ;)

Looking forward to get started on this, right after I've launched a potential 501st Outpost member off her Snowtrooper costume project. :snowtrooper:

Great!! Another Brunei Trooper!! :duim:

And I won't tell that you didn't polish bro'...actually not polishing is recommended :lol:

But it must have been really warm trooping over there the 16th...

Any pictures of the troop by the way B)

Great!! Another Brunei Trooper!! :duim:

Not Brunei bro, but Malaysia and she'll be the second Snowtrooper :snowtrooper: in Malaysia. I'm almost done that is why I can now put attention to my Sandtrooper Squad Officer project. :td:

And I won't tell that you didn't polish bro'...actually not polishing is recommended :lol:

But it must have been really warm trooping over there the 16th...

Any pictures of the troop by the way B)

Yep that'll be our li'l secret! ;)

And as requested pictures of me in my Clean Snowtrooper Commander :snowtrooper: armor together with my "DZ-2870" :tusken_icon: Clone in the 16 August 2008 trooping :

Chicks DIG members the 501st Blizzard Force and Kryat Clan!

Posted Image

CO giving marching orders to his GPR, TI/IC-6118 :tie: prior to the marching out

Posted Image

To see the rest of THE CLONE WARS Movie-SW Fan Tie-In Activities (MALAYSIA), 16 August 2008 - just click onto this picture link :

Posted Image

Happy viewing bro! :salute:

Chicks DIG members the 501st Blizzard Force and Kryat Clan!

Posted Image

That's what I mean..Chicks love armour :peace::peace:

And your TS armor looks awesome. Must be a DL by the looks of it.

But another trooper in Malaysia, great to hear that too bro'. My bad about Brunei :unsure:

Looks like you had a great event with lots of great people...Maybe put Brunei on my to go list as well. ;)