July 2008 Web Site And Forum Migration

TD-1536

I just wanted to give everyone the official word about what's going on. First, we've migrated the old php message board to the new Invision Board technology. Much more secure and scalable. As you may or may not be aware, many of the other detachment forums are using the same type of board. We've started to integrate them all together using a passport system to make multiple board logins easier to remember.

The web site still exists as it did, except everything was moved to a new server during the 4th of July weekend. You can access everything from any of these domain names

www.mped.net

and a new one, www.dirtyarmor.net

Over time, we'll continue to refine the board, and integrate key web site resources into the forum. If you have any questions or suggestions, please don't hesitate to ask. Thanks for your continued support!

The new boards looks and works great. I especially like the buttons you created Mike, I may have to borrow the idea ;) .

Any plans to change the log-in protocols so w can stay logged-in for more than a few hours? This was a bug that popped up on the FISD for a while but V'iper took care of it.

The new forum looks great but I can't seem to find 2 invaluable buttons to me: View Posts since last visit and my Message center.

Help me Obi-Wan you're my only hope!

They are at the very top of the page above the MEPD banner.

The new boards looks and works great. I especially like the buttons you created Mike, I may have to borrow the idea ;) .

Any plans to change the log-in protocols so w can stay logged-in for more than a few hours? This was a bug that popped up on the FISD for a while but V'iper took care of it.

The new look is great, but I do miss the auto log in.

The new look is great, but I do miss the auto log in.

That's more a browser settings thing, I believe. log in, then save that as the book mark. Works fine every time for me.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Ive noticed one button that isnt there...i dont know if it would be too cluttered but ive notice on the fl501st forum they have a "View My Posts" button. When im on the mepd forum i can still do it but i have to click on my name and then on the "my posts" thing below the picture. just wondering if there were any plans in the future to incorporate it into the main menu

But very nice new board :)

• 1 year later...

Hey Michael - this thread was from when I migrated the forums from the old phpBB to Invision 2.x. This was just upgraded by Noel to Invision 3 last week. I'd suggest posting in the new thread for current issues.

Still - hard to believe it's been just over a year since the last upgrade!