A Huge Thank You To V'pier

Daetrin

A big thanks to V'Pier for getting MEPD migrated over to not only our new server but Invision as well. There were at least half a dozen attempts to migrate the database that failed for one reason for another, and Greg worked extremely long hours over two days to get this worked out.

To say that the process was painful, problematic, and frustrating is an understatement. Yet through it all Greg kept his chin up and head down and - YAAY! - we're here.

There are still some tweaks left that are coming, but the bulk of the hard work has been done.

Three Cheers for Greg / V'Pier!!!

WOW! A lot of hard work had to have been involved with the changes. I am a complete neophyte regarding the work involved. It looks good. Thank you very much.

Love the new look on the forums! But who do i PM to get a little help with mepd not showing up in the "Your websites" list on the passport site? Right now i have to log in seperatly on this board, wich kind of defeats the purpose of the passport thingy! =)

I was out of town when all this took place, but conferred on a few phone calls and a few quick emails from rural no-where land. When I finally saw everything switched over, I was astounded and relived - as this was something we strived to do from the beginning of the year, but was uncertain.

This will be a HUGE opportunity to move forward with bigger and better things, not to mention utilizing newer technologies.

Greg has my utmost appreciation and praise. Thank you!

At first i was thinking, what the F... :blink: what is this :huh: .

But after i try it a few minutes, i can see its really nice work done for all of us.

I have just been in here all most every day, for over 2 years now.

But i quick, get the hang of the new system,

Once again, VERY!!! nice work ;) .

what is the passport system? not familiar. granted i havnt signed into CT.net after the CE branch off..so im lost. MY FISD account i thought was normal too, unless they all switched over this weekend.

not sure i like the "look" but i know this is a work in progress....

what is the passport system? not familiar. granted i havnt signed into CT.net after the CE branch off..so im lost. MY FISD account i thought was normal too, unless they all switched over this weekend.

not sure i like the "look" but i know this is a work in progress....

Detachments on Passport mean you can sign in to any that are hooked in, e.g. you have one login for all sites. FISD, CTN, and BSN are connected. MEPD will be soon.

FYI all 501st Members and MEPD Police Officers should now be in the correct groups. If not, please create a request in the Forum Feedback area.

Guest VPier

Ah man, thanks guys, I appreciate it, I really do :D

MEPD hasn't been added to the Detachment Passport yet, which is why you can't see it on the list, we're still working out stuff here before we link it in, just don't want to do a prematurely as adding it would also mean others would be coming to a half-**** incomplete site transfer.

There's also some discussion whether we might stick with Invision as I've come across some interesting info regarding linking all 15 Detachments up.