TD-2570 Backpack

solarpickle

I was just wonderin what you guys thought of my pack. I must admit, I started out with "small" in mind, but the more I got going, the more I decided to go all out with it. I was making trips to Home Depot 3 and four times a friggin day! It's got toggle switches and all kinds of hoo-hah on it and went thru 20 feet of PVC pipe! It's a little on the big side, but it's actually really comfortable and not heavy at all. It's mainly tupperware parts! Plus, ya gotta give it up for the Imperial Seal stencil (did I spell that right?) on the ol' radio there! I only have a few decent shots of the pack, but I plan on taking some more detailed shots soon. Anyway, any crits welcome!

Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

Holy crap TK-432, that "backpack meets gonk droid, where do i plug in?" comment had me in stiches! (and I'm not being sarcastic either, I was laughin my butt off) The one main pic directly from behind does make the thing look enormous I admit, but it's not quite as big as it looks when you put it on. But anyway, thanks for the comments guys!

Well **** YEAH dude, this thing has a mini-bar and an icemaker in it too, we can bring over some of Jabba's slave beeechezz and have a par-TAYY!!! "Hey, look at them there Jawas droppin it like it's hot!!" (As "It's getting hot in here" plays in the background!) LMAO

Yeah, doin the dirt was all KINDS of fun, after of course I got the balls to put that FIRST amount of spray paint on! LOL The first thing I sprayed on there, I did WAY too much and it was just smearing everywhere and I was going "**** **** **** ****!!!!".....but then started wiping it off, it was coming right off with no problem at all, so I was like, "so ok, I can screw up and just wipe it right off? WHOO HOO!! LET's go NUTS!!!" lol What's weird is I thought I overdid it, but in pics, I dont think I look dirty enough. Looks much better in person.

why **** YEAH ya can bruther.... ...just dont let Mr see us, he's kind of a stickler about drinkin on the job! He may do that thing where he sticks out his hand and all the sudden, people start gasping for breath and fallin over dead and stuff. I'm still tryin to figure out that trick myself....

WOW! Very interesting design. I never think any pack is really too big. This is a custom job. Looks good.

I'd add more greeblies to it. Knobs, Switches, lights, etc. To make things look less like tuppaware boxes. I prefer grey over the "sanitary blue" color. But you have just enough to balnce everything out.

swell job or a custom hardware pack.

Yeah, I'm thinking I may tone the blue down just a tad. I was going by the Corporal and the Sergeant statues from Kotoukia (did i spell that right?) but theirs is still a little bit more on the blueish-gray side. And I also plan on adding some LEDs hopefully since I already have the toggle switches in there.

• 2 months later...

cool pack, it looks like its 'real' if you know what i mean

i hereby dub your new and revolutionary pack the 'gonk pack'

td257 said 'go big or go home'

.......took the words right out of my mouth, 257

now you've given me a goal to strive for on my second pack, thanx, and keep it real