Feeler: Possible MP40 pouch run...

Hey guys, I'm back from an extended sabbatical from these forums. I've got a friend who does leather working, and talked to him about the idea of making a batch of MP-40 replica pouches. I showed him mine, and he said he could do it pretty easily, but he'd need a decent sized order for it to be worth his time.

So, I figured I'd post here to find out what everyone thought of getting some MP-40 pouches that would already be dyed black, and strapped to hang on our armor?

Feel free to suggest pricing. After all, this is just a feeler at this point.

They'd be based on the pouches I got from bulk purchase slave1pilot did 2005. I've since seen some pictures of pouches with tapered tips to the flaps, and that would be an easy alteration if more people want that.

Posted Image

EDIT: No dice. Life hit the fan for him as it were. If/when that status changes, I'll post again.

@Steve: Added a picture of the 'model' as suggested. Don't know why I didn't think of it in the first place.

@Seth: Got a link to a Stolla Wien pic? All I found doing a quick search was what looked like a single pouch with 3 top flaps.

@Xavier: Don't know how quick it would happen at this point, this is just a feeler so I can get back to him with some sort of indicator of whether enough people would be interested for him to be willing to go through the effort.

The idea is to make them so that they can be hung from the belt & shoulder with minimal work. (No need to hack off the diagonal straps found on the back of the real ones.)

Okay thanks

but it seems that if you were to get number as to how many would be made/needed to buy these then I think it would help motivate those on the fence. I know when ever I see a run of something I want and I see only XX left my credit card come out alot quicker :o)

Posted Image

This model of the mp40 pouch, was not showed in ANH.

There are so many different version, of the ww2 mp40 pouch.

I don´t know how many, but i will say over 40 of them.

But this is not one of them.

Wien stolla.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

MP40.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Like the guy's said

I would also aviod the Norwegian style MP40 pouches as a template

Stolla Wien's Are beautifull pouche's but there are too many inconsistances from what's on screen to a stolla wien pouch, in my opinion.

But I would use them as a base pattern to start from

Can someone point out what the major differencs are? All I can see, compared to the ones in those pictures that look leather, is that the pictured ones have tapered, shorter top flaps. Is there anything else my untrained eye isn't picking up?

Can someone point out what the major differencs are? All I can see, compared to the ones in those pictures that look leather, is that the pictured ones have tapered, shorter top flaps. Is there anything else my untrained eye isn't picking up?

Here you go.

Wien stolla:

http://www.looksirdroids.com/replica_pouches.htm

MP40:

http://www.looksirdroids.com/replica_po ... canvas.htm

Ok, so for leather, it looks like the *body* of the ones I have are fine.

For Wein Stolla, I'd just need to taper the tips of the top flaps.

For the *other* style, get rid of most of the top flaps, replacing the latching portion with a strap and add a set of strap stays.

Or am I missing something else?