Recent study...funny

dutchy

Recent study under the inhabitants of the average big town, where the question was asked if there are too many immigrants at the moment, the answers given were:

20%: Yes

10%: No

70%: معهد الأمن العالمي بواشنطن .

(I don't mean to offend anyone with this, just plain old fun)

What's funny is here in Seattle there was a big push to get bi-lingual ballots. So they got some law passed that IIRC said something like either the #1 non-English language would be on a lot of the election material, or it was based off the percentage of people who spoke that language.

Can you guess what our second language is? If you thought Spanish I can understand as when people think "immigrant" it's what springs to mind.

It's Chinese

I wish Congress would just make English our official language already, because believe it or not, it's not.

I agree with this 100%. Every European country has their official language yet kids grow up multi-lingual. I once asked my Chinese born wife what language they used when they vacationed in Thailand. The answer? English!

Most every country in the world has an official language - why don't we?

And please, don't use that indigenous people argument. Spanish and Portuguese are no more indigenous to the Americas then English is.

I don't know if it even matters, Remember Blade Runner? Everyone spoke a sort of English / Spanish / Asian / something kinda "street lingo" ??? Well, I've lived in So Cal my whole life with a few months here and there in the Sammich Islands so I know enough Espaniol, Pigeon, Indian, and Jive to get by just fine. Sometimes it just takes a sec to adjust.

Nice Joke Dutchy! The CQB training center where my kid plays airsoft has writing in Arabic all over the place. Mostly it reads "Ketchup" and "Pepsi Cola". ha ha!

Wouldn't it be great if we could all understand each other? Honestly, with language barriers and religious disagreements aside what the **** would be left to argue about?

I myself have Moluccan( indonesian) blood running through my vains, and I can speak my fathers language so and so. But I favor ordinary dutch because it might sound threatening to other persons if you speak in a language they don't understand. That's why I also like the "national" language remark Deatrin made. I also think that in all the countries across the world they should make english one of the compulsory subjects at school, I know that here in the Netherlands you have to master at least one foreign language.

Of course you will have foreign influences in your language, but most of them are of historic value.

I guess they never should have build that tower of Babylon...

I was thinking about zulu

Sounds ok but I don't understand a *** of it

nah, then I would rather go for the click and prrrrr language of the Geonosians

I like walking around a city and hearing a bunch of languages in use; it reminds me of Star Wars. With that said, something official would be dandy, it would save printing costs for many government documents which are often printed multi-lingual due to having no official language in the US.